kml/harsco,van thiel trade test

J

jb78

went to harsco in beverwijk ,holland. Me and 2 good guys from grimsby. gieven a drawing of the job. the method of erection requires you prefab your 2 droppers with a 3m leger , 6ft hanging out one end and 3ft the other , drop these 2 down then attach a couple of standards on your solid surface to counterbalance the weight hanging underneath , then attach a ladder and go down , throw a a board across and put in what will be your first tranny , your then given down your tube with a beam clamp that you attach on the steel girders and back to your dropper(this tube is what your hanging from as you go under) with your small 2m droppers. It went well enough , its been years since i used the van thiel , they seem to be toooften in each others way , one seems to stop another , or your fitting is on in such a way that you cannot hit it to take it off.

went to harsco in beverwijk ,holland. Me and 2 good guys from grimsby. gieven a drawing of the job. the method of erection requires you prefab your 2 droppers with a 3m leger , 6ft hanging out one end and 3ft the other , drop these 2 down then attach a couple of standards on your solid surface to counterbalance the weight hanging underneath , then attach a ladder and go down , throw a a board across and put in what will be your first tranny , your then given down your tube with a beam clamp that you attach on the steel girders and back to your dropper(this tube is what your hanging from as you go under) with your small 2m droppers. It went well enough , its been years since i used the van thiel , they seem to be toooften in each others way , one seems to stop another , or your fitting is on in such a way that you cannot hit it to take it off.

Didn't we have a debate about this issue the other week...?, i'm sure some of the guy's mentioned putting a ledger on the out side of the job to overcome this problem.

Didn't we have a debate about this issue the other week...?, i'm sure some of the guy's mentioned putting a ledger on the out side of the job to overcome this problem.

Indeed we did and that was the solution.
I could not remember needing to do this but then it dawned on me that I used bolted doubles on the ledgers and wedges on the transoms until I had new one made with singles welded to the transoms and did away with the wedges altogether.

yes we did, i was one of those suggesting the leger had to be on the outside when building an independent , building a hanger , the pin of the check fitting was impossible to get off unless you hit the pin of the dropper which then hits the pin of the check fitting , its things like this which are a bit annoying

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

one thing i do like are the van thiel toe board clips , makes a neat job

www.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erZybWfvLq4&feature=plcp

if ive did this correctly , the link should go to a video ive made of the harsco trade test with the van thiel fittings.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

damm

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erZybWfvLq4&feature=plcp]harsco test.avi - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

success

Thats a really good video - well made and informative... i cant see how Harsco has ruined the once great name of SGB with videos of that quality, lol.

JB im impressed with that , now i get what you mean

yeah it does drag on , i should have made it more interesting and threw in somebody on the dropper witha spliff and a can of heineken

Top Bottom