kit calculation formula

superscaff75

Reaction score
Does anyone have a good quick way of working out quantities of kit in a job, any formula,s or anything .

We just done a decent size job supposedley up an down quickly , but they have found some problems with the building structure so scaffolding staying up and I now need to work out kit and hire for the job. I was being lazy by just throwing gear on wagon not counting it or anything due to the weather.

I can sharp sit down and work through it was just wondering if anyone had any little tricks they wanna share .

Just charge them " loads of money " ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abpk-eSzoEE&feature=related]Harry Enfileld - Loadsamoney [totp2] - YouTube[/ame]

Whats the sizes and I will run it through the cads just now, it might be better e-mailing it to you if my earlier attempts at posting anything on here are anything to go by.

What's the job sizes height / wide / boarded lifts ? / access towers , staircase

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

If you have a proper tag system you should be able to work it for there mate

Times length by width in metres on boarded lifts and the result is the number of 13 fts needed.
Looking for some good tips of this thread.

Come on Alan the middle east maestro

If its just for the extra hire costs.. Just x the total price by 5%.... or if you need the gear working out then take aom option....

If I remember rightly to work it out in squares its length x height (in ft) divided by 10 = no of squares x 150 gives you the tube in feet then divide that by 5 for the fittings

If I've got that wrong, please feel free to tell everyone else apart from me :D

Estimating Formula
For estimating materials:-
This can be estimated in a number of ways e.g
The number of linear metres of tube per linear metre of scaffold lift
The number of linear metres of tube per square metre of scaffold
The number of linear metres of tube per square (ie 3m x 3m) of scaffold

All based on one boarded lift –5 boards wide + toeboard – with 2 metre bays
48.9 linear metres tube per square
5.5 linear metres tube per square metre
10.7 linear metres of tube per linear metre of scaffold lift

This all takes into account the requirements of SG4

fittings..
( For basic scaffolds)
Generally 60% to 65% of total metres of tube

( Designed scaffolds)
Generally 85% to 90% of total metres of tube

boards

Linear metre x (n.o boards wide + board)

Or by area metric length x metric width
0.8775 sq/metres

Hope this helps.

29ft of tube per metre run then divide by 4 for fittings i have been told
Boards divide by linear metre x 5 or 6

FFS boy's did you not read the simple bit, or is it just me.:embarrest:

HaHa Cheers for replies .

Some wide an varied ones , Aom for a man who claims to be a non techy kinda guy, you were the only person to answer to Use a software program.

I once sat for hours on end a few year ago trying to create a sliding scale type table to do kit checks against, never quite perfected it , think i was trying to include too many different scaffold types in the one chart lol :laugh:

aom just likes pressing buttons.....

I am a non techy kind off guy which is all the more reason to love the cads, illustrations, reports, load lists and weights all done in a few minutes. The dongle is up in the office so you would need to wait till morning if you wanted a demonstration.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

aom just likes pressing buttons.....

haha, it's what I do best, however I prefer to call it motivational technique.;)

Cheers Aom , but its all sorted now, the Academic Way :unsure:

It was more of a question that popped into my head while sorting the actual calculations out . Thought it a decent question to ask the forum see if any good little tricks out there :D

ummmmmm Pressing button then......

Don't let your misses find out that you play with your dongle in the office she will think you are having a fling with the yard boy.....

I am the yard boy.:eek:

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

By pressing buttons at work the usual response is "I'll show him".:cool:

Cheers Aom , but its all sorted now, the Academic Way :unsure:

It was more of a question that popped into my head while sorting the actual calculations out . Thought it a decent question to ask the forum see if any good little tricks out there :D

There is and it's called Cads.:cool:

FFS, I try and bring you city slickers out of the stone age.......

For 2m lifts:
Ledger length x lifts x 8 = tube
Fittings 25% tube
Boards 50% boarded ledger
Extra hire rates tube 0.01p/ft/wk, fitt 0.03p/ft/wk, brds 0.30 each/wk
eg 60` x 5 lifts = 300`
tube 2,400 x 0.01 = 24
fitt 600 x 0.03 = 18
brds 150 x 0.30 = 45

Top Bottom