Just got the call

benjo0211

Reaction score
Well my 14 days off didnt last long I'm now back in on the 27th for 4 days, anybody else been called in?

Tbh mate I'm on call all ova Xmas finished Friday but worked yest and working Xmas day and probably a few more between now an the 6th

I where supposed to be on PTS Xmas eve Xmas day and Boxing Day for 2500 but our firm lost contract for it and there firm who got it are doing the 3 days got 900

Worked Saturday, Sunday and today and I'm off now till Jan 3rd. Been striking jobs now for a week and half. No one wants them up around Christmas.

Worked for a firm years ago, and we did the same all council jobs. Strip before xmas, re erect after....pain in the fecking arsse.

Worked for a firm years ago, and we did the same all council jobs. Strip before xmas, re erect after....pain in the fecking arsse.

To be honest Den it's drove us nuts. 2 pubs, a hotel, coach company, windmill and lots of domestic jobs all wanting it clear for today!
Had one last week on Monday asking when it was coming down before we had even put it up!

It's been a few years since we have been asked to strike before a holiday but this year I was glad to get a lot of them down with this weather and one buttressed tower had moved a good foot which is something I have never seen before. The other good thing about it is we are going to be flat out after the holidays putting everything back up.

A buttressed tower moved, fecking hell al what king of weather you been having........or did your lads not base it out right.lol lol

Can't blame the lads for this one Den, built it myself. :embarrest:

They were emergency heating jobs for the council. What they forgot to mention was the walls was that thick insulated render, hence the buttress. I also got a good solid tie back and front of the chimney but the wind came from the side and almost blew it off its pads.:eek:

I saw on the news that night a yellow jelly job lying on it's erse so I reckon we were lucky.

Can't blame the lads for this one Den, built it myself. :embarrest:

They were emergency heating jobs for the council. What they forgot to mention was the walls was that thick insulated render, hence the buttress. I also got a good solid tie back and front of the chimney but the wind came from the side and almost blew it off its pads.:eek:

Your lucky it didnt take the stack with it al.

Top Bottom