Jobsworths

E

essex

Why do the only people to get on, on most companies aint for there abilty, its for there sucking up and being jobs worths, whats happened to getting on for being good at your job.

All the big companies like -

Benchmark
GKR
Interserve
Cape
Lyndons
Etc

Most of there top earners are c*ck suckers, run around as fast as they can and not have a break and as soon as they finish the job call up the supervisor as quick as they can.

Sad C**** aint you got no self respect, we all no who you are jobsworths...

Last edited:
i dont understand by <ock sucking you get on, how can you sleep at night knowing your **** at your job but you will do anything to keep your job, its sad and yes alan its getting worse, and is like male prostituate.

That is one of the main things killing this game...
Theres good hard-working blokes who just simply cannot get on, due to the ever growing amount of arse-lickers out there.

In my experience most Scaffolding firms will more then happily pay you peanuts and expect you to graft your ******** off all day, then treat you well and pay you fairly.

They only get away with this, because of the amount of Scaffolders who are willing to do ANYTHING to keep their jobs. - Even if this means shafting their workmates to achieve this.
Some either grass, work late for nothing, or once finished a job (and i mean as the last fitting is being turned, ring up for more work...), im not lazy - not by a long shot, but im not a mug either and ringing up and being a jobs worth just aint how things are done.
Imho.

Benchmark is one of the worst, imo.
Theres so-called 'Scaffolders' on there who literally cant base out an 8ft tower, but who the moment they get the chance, ring up the gaffers to report on every little thing, just to keep their jobs...

This is one of the main reasons why Scaffolding aint considered a trade and why we are no way near the highest earners on a building site anymore.
We are our own worst enemies and no of us stick together anymore. :mad:

Things like this make me think grass isn't always greener on other side and might not be worth leaving the army

Last edited:
Been in the game 19 years and only ever seen grasses and arse lickers
Succeed
I was given a job to run last year 15 scaffs site work easy stuff
And I was told when I started I had to decide which side of the fence I was on
And because I would not separate myself from the men
And I mean I was told not to sit in canteen with them have my breaks with the agents
So a them and us mentality

Yep plenty of ass lickers out there, and I have only come across them on big firms. One of the worst was a big black guy, I am not going to name and shame, but no way was he a scaff! As soon as the hand rail was off, he was down the next lift faster than Lynford Christie could run. Always having a go at the labourers, " do what I say I'm a pt 2 scaff" he must have bought that ticket in a pub! Chancing, and slacking is one thing, but phoning the office, and blaming a damn good labourer is bang out of order. Good thing the savage brothers are no mugs, he did not last long!

I wonder what bus he is driving now? These kind of individuals, could never last a day on small street firms where you think for yourself, ie no drawings for temp lids, double rows of unit beams, splayed scaffolds etc.

Sorry about the rant lads, but I have seen some good scaffs get laid off, because of p****s, who keep their jobs, by crawling up the bosses a***.

Moan all ya like,nothing will change. Bosses want yes men,not people who are excellent at their job,but have too much to say.

Maybe on the bigger jobs Frederik, but I like nothing better than a scaff prepared to stand up and say "This is what I did and here is the reason why."

Morning AOM, you may be one of a few,most people in charge do not like to be challenged on anything,even if its unworkable. Its called an ego,cant have someone below you knowing more.

Yep scaffy, Unique,

All in all a good firm I have worked for, but a few chancers and people who had the office number on quick dial, got to the stage did not know who was a friend, or was a enemy lol.

Paid me well, except when it came to the "Monday Club" loose your days wage (as normal), but if I remember your day rate also went down.

Morning AOM, you may be one of a few,most people in charge do not like to be challenged on anything,even if its unworkable. Its called an ego,cant have someone below you knowing more.

I know Frederik I've been there, but now I'm on the other side of the fence I want to hear the views and actively encourage input, especially from the young team. Then they can do it how I told them to do it in the first place.:D

I am working for pyeroy at the moment not been hear for long but did not take me long to spot scaffs from fcuking empty headed idiots who luv to suck the gaffers boaby it makes me sick 1 bawsack was a shelf stacker in asda now has advanced card for playing the gaffers skin flute:d

Its a shame, it really is...

Ive also noticed that there seems more of it in this recession also.
Some firms are pretty cut throat and it seems that some Scaffolders are also.

When the time comes that i have to grass and suck-arse to earn a living, then its time that i hung my spanners up, tbh.
(That day aint gonna come, if im honest - Id rather not work.)

Top Bottom