Jealousy...?

What do you think?

• Scaffolders are only human and its natural to be jealous.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Its sad that people feel the need to grass and shiit-stir just because of jealousy.

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Why not? - Why should others get everything, and i get nothing...

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Im not bothered, as long as i earn well.

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jason-Gibbs

Hi guys.

Something ive seen over the years and its something that i never could understand is when other Scaffolders give another a hard time, about how much they are earning, what part of a job they on, what time they go home and so on.

Scaffolders giving others grief because they are unable to either do, earn or work, as another is - is in my honest opinion just plain sad.

If i see someone on a good little number, i try to find out if i can have a little go... If anything it spurs me on to do better and it should give us hope that theres always good work out there, if your willing to go find it.

I certainly dont give others a hard time because of it. :huh:
Its just childish and pathetic.

Why does this happen?
Who do Scaffolders feel the need to either bully or grass up others, due to jealousy?
What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Hi guys.

Something ive seen over the years and its something that i never could understand is when other Scaffolders give another a hard time, about how much they are earning, what part of a job they on, what time they go home and so on.

Scaffolders giving others grief because they are unable to either do, earn or work, as another is - is in my honest opinion just plain sad.

If i see someone on a good little number, i try to find out if i can have a little go... If anything it spurs me on to do better and it should give us hope that theres always good work out there, if your willing to go find it.

I certainly dont give others a hard time because of it. :huh:
Its just childish and pathetic.

Why does this happen?
Who do Scaffolders feel the need to either bully or grass up others, due to jealousy?
What do you guys think?

what about the managers that you seem to give a hard time whether they do a good job or not, or is that just plain old jealousy ;)

i never realised jealousy was a big problem , no more so with scaffolders than any one else . i think maybe anger would be a better word when you see people do well because of there lack of backbone or c*cksucking abilities . or is that me being jealous

I've never really experienced it from Scaffs as all the scaffs I class as my mates are the ones I was currently working with who are earning the same cash as me at the time. I voted the second one but you should have added another option about no real experience of the problem.

os jakdan jealous of smoggies being a manager and not being able to strike :sad2: and have a good piss up on a weekday ;)

I get jealous of all the extra days off the smoggies get over a 12 month period compared to me , but to be totally honest with you, my biggest problem is that all the scaffs are jealous of me :cool:

Im The best looking

got the fittest body

Excellent dress sense

Im a charmer with a Great personality

Got a big fat C?ck

Brilliant in bed

I could go on but dont want all you lot getting jealous aswell :D:laugh:

daft scaff are you a 12 year old boy , are you being groomed ? is the fatter scaff making you defend the smoggies

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

hahaha i thought it was you that posted something before but once again i was wrong

you doing my party peice typing with a can in yer hand
now i am jealous :cry:

I find its more at the smaller firms where it happens. Mainly lads that are trying to get something out of the boss (i.e cards, payrise) and will do whatever it takes to glorify themselves, no matter who they **** on.

What does my head in most is that these people think they go unnoticed.

Are you at a smaller firm Gaz? The reason I ask is they don't come smaller than Aom but I still don't recognise any jealousy as I reckon I treat them all pretty much the same, every one gets their tickets and the pay rises are linked to their ability. They know themselves every man has to justify his existence every single day and are paid accordingly.

Are you at a smaller firm Gaz? The reason I ask is they don't come smaller than Aom but I still don't recognise any jealousy as I reckon I treat them all pretty much the same, every one gets their tickets and the pay rises are linked to their ability. They know themselves every man has to justify his existence every single day and are paid accordingly.

yes mate but from £3.50 a hr up to £6 after 10 years service is no wonder why you have a gold membership at st andrews...lol..

Have to admit I trod my own path when it came to making money,came out on top many times,but like most lost a few along the way.

Never have been envious of others,they are on their own path,I would look though, to see what they were doing that I could pinch and adapt, to add to my own pot of gold:bigsmile:

Trod on a few toes and helped others on their way to wealth,this is life in my book :bigsmile:

what about the young yin who was acting the cant in the summer how much does he get and has he changed his ways

what about the managers that you seem to give a hard time whether they do a good job or not, or is that just plain old jealousy ;)

Its not jealousy, more that im pissed off with them treating us like mugs and pieces of shiit...

Foreman, Managers, Supervisors, Bosses and what-not mostly all come from the same places as we do - On the spanners, working hard and scraping a living.

But most of them, as soon as they stick a shirt and tie on change into monsters - who almost seem to take pleasure out of acting like complete d.ickheads, to the very people who they used to work with, eat down the cafe with and have a beer with on a Friday night. :notrust:

Myself:
I have been a Foreman on a few occasions and i was fair and honest.
I used to wear my tools (inc. Harness and all) all day and fix with the boys, as well as do the paper work and all the other Foremen stuff.

What happened?
I was basically hounded off the job, by the new Supervisor because i was too much 'one of the boys' and he didnt like it.

Anyway, it seems that a few of you think as i do, that jealousy is sad, so that means im not completely mental, lol.
Just a bit. ;)

I think what happens at some of the smaller firms is everyone is on different money per day , some lads always seem to get early finishes, others always seem to get crap jobs and late finishes, generally the better paid get the early finishes and cannot do no wrong as they the gaffers blue eyed boys, but in reality half the time they get early finishes because they quicker and more clued up than others.

had a job on a building site 2007 for church hill homes good little number sight agent left you alone as long as work was done had a young lad with me via the agencey good lad and keen to learn but only knew the basics anyway the sight agent wanted a push one week so the agencey sent us another scaffolder i kid you not within 2 hours he said to me in the corner how much is the young lad on when i replied hes wage he said we should have half hes money as were more exsperienced!!! i completely ignored what he said. anyway after a week the agencey said you need to get rid of one of the lads!!do you want to get rid of the young lad and keep the scaffolder no i replied get rid of the knob with the attitude cant stand people that want to upset the apple cart them people dont get the light of day with me.

I think what happens at some of the smaller firms is everyone is on different money per day , some lads always seem to get early finishes, others always seem to get crap jobs and late finishes, generally the better paid get the early finishes and cannot do no wrong as they the gaffers blue eyed boys, but in reality half the time they get early finishes because they quicker and more clued up than others.

Bang on target super :)

Absolutely 100% agree , in my opinion/experience the blue eyed boys get the cream of the jobs for good reasons .... ability and experience ! , the lads who get the " crap " are usually new scaffs ( who will eventually get their chance to shine ) or veterans set in their ways and happy/content to plod on at current level .

Top Bottom