Is this true ?

happyhugenoet

Reaction score
AS WE ALL KNOW A LOT OF SCAFFOLDERS ARE NOW WEARING KNEE PADS ON SITES WERE TYING BOARDS IS THE NORM,IVE JUST HAD AN E-MAIL FROM MY MATE WHOSE WIFE IS A SECRETARY FOR SOME MP WHO WORKS HAND IN HAND WITH THE HSE BUT APPARENTLY WAIT FOR IT!!

THE POWERS AT BE IN THE GOVERNMENT,HSE AND ANOTHER ACCESS CONFEDERATION THAT SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS ARE READY TO IMPLEMENT THE WEARING OF ELBOW PADS FOR SCAFFS,DUE TO AN INCREASE OF TENNIS ELBOW TYPE INJURIES---SURELY NOT CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME:mad:

AS WE ALL KNOW A LOT OF SCAFFOLDERS ARE NOW WEARING KNEE PADS ON SITES WERE TYING BOARDS IS THE NORM,IVE JUST HAD AN E-MAIL FROM MY MATE WHOSE WIFE IS A SECRETARY FOR SOME MP WHO WORKS HAND IN HAND WITH THE HSE BUT APPARENTLY WAIT FOR IT!!

THE POWERS AT BE IN THE GOVERNMENT,HSE AND ANOTHER ACCESS CONFEDERATION THAT SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS ARE READY TO IMPLEMENT THE WEARING OF ELBOW PADS FOR SCAFFS,DUE TO AN INCREASE OF TENNIS ELBOW TYPE INJURIES---SURELY NOT CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME:mad:

You're a bit late, mate!

Elbow pads have been mandatory on ALL scaffolding jobs since march 01st.

I was speaking to an officer from the HSE yesterday who said that they were going to be having 'a massive, nationwide crackdown on scaffolders not wearing elbow padding'.

On-the-spot fines of £500 are going to be issued for a first offence with a bigger fine and the loss of your scaffolding card for a second offence.

I, for one, applaud the HSE's tough stance on elbow padding.

Make sure you get the right ones though. I bought twenty sets. But I got BS EN 70 when I should have got BS EN 69.

Thanks for the confirmation phil.my mate isnt a scaff so thats probably why i never got the info on time.

Have you heard anything about the "bubble suits" to stop cuts grazes and bruising from fittings etc.his wife mentioned something about harsco trying them out for the government;)

Knee pads are mandatory for blowing off Supervisors and management

they should supply jock straps for scaffolders cos the way the trades going dont think i can take anymore kicks in the bo!!ocks

99% of elbow injuries are caused by either leaning on the handrail or by vibration from those impact wrenches.

Don't worry Jaimie, you won't here it again.:laugh:

I'm a Jock, English is only my second language.;)

Congratulations on your win last night, inevitable I suppose.:(

Thank you . It was good to see that we dont rely on Gareth Bale to win us games ;-)

I suppose that is a positive for. One for us would if we could have kept 11 men on the park. Well beaten in the end.

Top Bottom