Is this ok ?

craig660

Reaction score
Hi,

Part of my new role includes inspecting scaffold, quite new to this but have done a inspection course and hoping to do a few more,

I was looking at a scaffold today and not sure if it was ok as the scaffold is resting on a lower level roof of the house. The roof is on a slight incline.

All opinions welcome, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 105
just dont get a fatty to lean to hard against the handrail lol!!! think you no answer graig iam gana stay on fence a while but i no my answer already

Condemn it, Picture 2 obviously shows it sliding off the roof to the right :laugh:

Sole boards should be 13's or something to spread the weight across the joist mate.

I have picked up several faults on it, just wasn't sure if you can have it on top of another roof.

My point would be that they don't know if the roof can take the weight

What's stopping it coming off the roof?
What's stopping it going through the roof?

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Where did you do your course?

These solar panel firms might have to pay the right money now to get there jobs done proper

What's stopping it coming off the roof?
What's stopping it going through the roof?

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Where did you do your course?

OH my days the weight is spread across minimum of two trusses, "but who done the extension" tell the company to sign off scaffold as fall protection only and not a working platform.

Just ask the scaff to chuck a buttress up the end to stop it sliding off the roof,i take it you,ve a scaffolding background?if so you should know the answers to your own question,if not,then you better get them courses done and listen hard,if you sign a scaffold off as fit for use and something then happens then you could end up being the scapegoat:huh:

It was in the south east, cant remeber the company name as was booked through my new firm.

So apart from the obvious defects, whats the opinion on having this scaffold on the lower level roof ?

Cheers

your digging yourself a hole graig read the threads mate

Cheers for reply.

We get the scaffold firm to handover and carry out the first inspection, we only use them for a day.

The only part of my role is to check on the quality of the scaffolds as per the inspection forms, so not to heavily involved and also wont be signing it off, more just to check they are up to standard.

Take it its a no that this should not be on the roof like this then ?

The end standards should go down to the floor and span over the roof,no need to put any weight on the roof.

Cheers for reply.

We get the scaffold firm to handover and carry out the first inspection, we only use them for a day.

The only part of my role is to check on the quality of the scaffolds as per the inspection forms, so not to heavily involved and also wont be signing it off, more just to check they are up to standard.

Take it its a no that this should not be on the roof like this then ?

HAhahahahahaahahahahahahaha

I think it's all about cost with solar panel firms . I have priced a few to do them right but never get them

It should either be A: As some of the lads have said, boarded horizontally across the joists of the roof to distribute the weight evenly or B: Spanned across the roof entirely (possibly with beams if over 2.4m) but then, you knew that already. ;)

Top Bottom