is there any australian scaffs on here

wes kav

Reaction score
would like to meet scaffs from oz would like some info on scaff companies in oz cheers:)

would like to meet scaffs from oz would like some info on scaff companies in oz cheers:)

I've just got back from Oz.

Funnily enough, whilst I was out there a Kiwi who I worked on the spanners with in London 5 or 6 years ago facebooked me and asked if I would give him a reference for a job he was looking for in WA.

This is the (edited) reply I got from him -

Cheers for ringing that lady back for me mate she has just been on the phone to me. There is heaps of work in WA at the moment its the place to be as far a scaffolding concerned the take home pay for a 60 hr week is near the $3000 mark a mate of mine just got on an offshore gas field over there and takes home $5000. Accomadation and meals are all paid for so its possible to save heaps I am going for 6 weeks only but its tempting to put my studies on hold

NB - Aus$5000.00 would buy you about £2950.00

Don't get too excited though as you would need an Aussie ticket and a work visa, which I can't be arsed to expain about at the moment.

WA is booming though, Perth, but especially the mines up North.

Hope this helps.

Aussie advanced ticket only takes two days to do coz they use quick form and layher system they`re not tube n fitting scaffs and if you`ve got a proper CISRS card they`ll bite your arm off to take you on.

Lad I know just come back from Aussie,well kicked out if truth be told.Worked for about a year earned great money but all as a holidaymaker!!He's barred for about four years,pig sick.So be warned,do it legit!!

yer i am lad gonna do it the proper way its just finding graft out there lad if u have any info for me kid wud be great lad nice lad

visa

If your under 30 get yourself a working holiday visa to change your tickets over the best place is perth training center cost me 1100 dollars and did it in a day.

there is **** loads of work and the money is good but perth is expensive and its pretty damn hot every 1 says its mainly system here yes there is a lot of system but you use a lot of tube and fitting aswell depends who you work for and what site your on.

if you need any other info just ask and ill try and help

Last edited:
alrite wes mate ive lost me fone mate. are u on facebook ive got ur number still cos i had it write down. ill send u my new number asap. let me kno if u find any work mate and ill do the same bud.

ok lads im after work in oz or europe italy france or middle east after doin a year in qatar so any info would be great johnstevens711@aol.co.uk cheers

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

ok lads does anyone wana come in with me and set scaff company up in west yorks/lancs area allready got wagon gear and yard just need partner iv even got work to go at johnstevens711@aol.co.uk

ok lads im after work in oz or europe italy france or middle east after doin a year in qatar so any info would be great johnstevens711@aol.co.uk cheers

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

ok lads does anyone wana come in with me and set scaff company up in west yorks/lancs area allready got wagon gear and yard just need partner iv even got work to go at johnstevens711@aol.co.uk

Would you leave your partner running things in UK while you go off to OZ or ME??

Top Bottom