is there a future

marra watson

Reaction score
is there a future in house bashing? contemplating the future and seems house bashing is on its last legs in my eyes thell be a few that disagree .but i feel the money is in the smoke's or chem/shutdowns/rail/subs/eletrical line or is this just dreams of is house bashing on its last legs ?

I swore I'd never get involved in house bashing, its cold in the winter, dusty in the summer, the works boring for people who don't appreciate it. The Contractors are all knobs who would like to be building big stuff but didn't make the grade.You don't get any extra hire on your gear, when your gear comes back its covered in *****.The site agents want you to wear as much ppe as a north sea diver would wear but make you use toilets and welfare facilities that are a disgrace.You now need a design for everything that looks a bit out of the norm, you get plauged by agents asking stupid questions because they have been on a "2 day scaffold inspection course mate".

There is probably a future in house bashing, just not for me. I can't stand anything about it and would rather pack up than be a bitch for a bunch of brickies.

Rant over

It used to be quick easy money but not anymore!

It Used To Be Really Good, Good Money, Good Laugh, Good Work, Now You Are Working Twice As Hard For Half The Money. Im Pricing Jobs (One Offs) That Six Or Seven Years Ago Sgb Or Interserve Would Never Have Looked At, Now Im Pricing Against Them.

House bashing is good for me at the moment, the site is 15 mins from home and there paying a half decent wage. No traveling no big fuel costs and home by 5 at the latest. Its swings and roundabouts, not the best work but suits my requirements.

House bashing is good for me at the moment, the site is 15 mins from home and there paying a half decent wage. No traveling no big fuel costs and home by 5 at the latest. Its swings and roundabouts, not the best work but suits my requirements.

when you say the site 15mins away do you just work on that site or jump in wagon and off you go ? i dont think there much argument between the commercial/industrial scaffing and house bashing commercial/industrial 99% of the time is beeter pay better conditions better job to me it just seem a better life and better oppertunities iwth in the ind comercial sector

when you say the site 15mins away do you just work on that site or jump in wagon and off you go ? i dont think there much argument between the commercial/industrial scaffing and house bashing commercial/industrial 99% of the time is beeter pay better conditions better job to me it just seem a better life and better oppertunities iwth in the ind comercial sector

Straight to site and straight home, no going to the yard. On site all day every day. Not the greatest but like I said it suits me at the moment.

see that wouldnt be as bad same site allday you know what to expect you know what needs done not that many variables in a day must be a big site it is for you to be there daily but still on the street :mad:

Home by 5 at the latest??? The bouffont kid has done a 6 hour shift in the goat by that time!!

We had 25 sites on the go with 35 men £80,000 crane lorry,office staff,supervisors and a contracts manager and all we got was a great big headache we made no money and were at the mercy of the banks,vat,tax and health and Fukin safety. We fuked it all off and now 3 of us on the street make more money than before...house bashing and having a big firm was pointless and nearly killed me. This is a strange old game...

we have such a mixed bag of work our guys arnt gettin board but the housing market as it is are seeing more home improvements extensions and re roof jobs that pre 2009 had pretty much slowed to a snail pace
yea the new builds can be a pain but contracts that are 6 month and planned progressive are sorted pre start

we got a new build site on . its fine when your starting and lifting your own work but when you lifting other peoples work its a fooking nightmare. i had one squad base out a first lift and they somehow managed to run the lift a foot out so there was a foot step in it .the next lads that lifted decided to stick/staff the lift and somehow never realised the state of the first lift so now it looks like a fooking corkscrew

we got a new build site on . its fine when your starting and lifting your own work but when you lifting other peoples work its a fooking nightmare. i had one squad base out a first lift and they somehow managed to run the lift a foot out so there was a foot step in it .the next lads that lifted decided to stick/staff the lift and somehow never realised the state of the first lift so now it looks like a fooking corkscrew

nothing worse than lifting other people sh1t av seen us go to jobs when it bee based out and instead of going threw the poarch theve gone over it meaning 5 board plus 4 boards plus 1 inside feking nightmare, and they allways leave the hard bit lol i allways do it so it works out nice for who ever needs to lift the next block (if in liek 6 semis ) nar not them av seen them only do front and back so when you ho back to lift its 4 sides tossers lol

I started on a single site but enjoyed it immensely as I was general labrador as well which meant in these days anyway, you did a bit of everything not just sweep up after all the trades. My second stint was again house bashing but as a full time scaff and have to agree with every word Dangeruss posted. Now as a gaffer I would say that it is on it's erse at the moment but will soon enough return to more normal levels. We do have plenty on but the new builds were our bread and butter in the early days and never really got bored again as there was always something else to break it up with but I do miss the days of the empty yard and the easy square box fully boarded.

Hahaha:laugh::laugh:

I started on a single site but enjoyed it immensely as I was general labrador as well which meant in these days anyway, you did a bit of everything not just sweep up after all the trades. My second stint was again house bashing but as a full time scaff and have to agree with every word Dangeruss posted. Now as a gaffer I would say that it is on it's erse at the moment but will soon enough return to more normal levels. We do have plenty on but the new builds were our bread and butter in the early days and never really got bored again as there was always something else to break it up with but I do miss the days of the empty yard and the easy square box fully boarded.

your not really a dog are you ?

Top Bottom