Is it just me?

Dandaps

Reaction score
Is it just me who runs around like a blue assed fly keeping everbody happy scaffold up on time/down on time/quote on time/. but when it comes to getting paid on time get the same old answer "try and get you on a payment run next week". On my bank account I can pay people instantly online does bacs not seem a bit outdated now.

The usual excuse Dandaps especially at this time of year, the next battle is fighting off all the requests to suspend the hire over the holidays despite the client signing your T&C's.:mad:

Yep feel a c#nt telling the surveyers and site lads that we can't do the scaffolds until we start gettin paid, do people in accounts live in the same world. I tell them you have got so much owing to us and the jobs your firm has got booked in for next week = to X amount and all I get back is we will try and get you on a payment run next week. Aaaaargh

You will get the usual mix of go round with a bat and I've probably said it myself but the truth is I've never found an ideal answer to that particular problem. The Mrs is sharp as a tack and takes no prisoners regardless of how big or how much you have paid in the past if you don't pay after 2 -3 calls she just sells it to the debt collectors.:eek: We have lost a couple of customers doing this but to be honest I would rather not work as work for nothing but my proffered method is more of a waiting game, wait until a foreman or agent is desperate to get you on a site in a hurry and tell him you can't as the bill is still outstanding on another job, they are not usually long in shifting then. It's a cold fact of life we need paying, I never really understood the real benefit of holding on to it as long as you can and yes interest payment on a multi million pound contract is more than a few K that I am more used to dealing with but the principle is the same. We pay all our bill's as they hit the carpet and when I need something done from outside contractors of any kind they always come running so the service you receive from any firm has a direct correlation to your payment history.:idea:

Just pay the fekin bill.:mad:

A majority of us know that unless we get paid by a customer in the next week to ten days, we can forget being paid until after christmas.

A few years ago we had a major housebuilder tell us that their subcontractors had agreed not to get a payment in december but to be paid for 2 invoices in the january. When we asked who had agreed to this they had asked two subbies and they had agreed. The housebuilder took this to mean that everyone had agreed. It turned out that they had done this to make their figures look good for their end of year....@rseholes

We have noticed that the bigger the firm the harder it is to get payment, and with the recession 30 day invoices seem to have stadily risen to between 45 and 60 days, one major player even wrote to inform us they were now paying on 90 days, on hearing this i have refused to quote anything for them at all.

yes agree the bigger the firm the harder to get them to pay. Sometimes it's hard to stop yourself getting frustrated with the accounts people you tell them lads need wage, fuel bills are crippling, etc etc they don't care and just pass the buck.As I write this a cheque's just come in bloody hell!

Dandaps
I thought it was just me they were feckin with:nuts:

Some old problems, Partnering etc, they all still try and shaft yer:sad:

Dont accept cheques , bacs chaps or faster payments all the way

I'll accept anything even luncheon vouchers if it gets the money of them but yes bacs is the norm.

Ive never run a Firm before, but ive been told that the hardest thing is GETTING payment from clients...

Get the tight f.uckers to pay up!
Thats more then likely the reason why they are clients and have the cash to spend in lavish projects in the first place! - Coz they are tight c.unts.

aom, instead of selling it to debt collectors, we just put interest on!! as in are T&C
they get there invoice then one statement, if still no payment then they are paying with interest, It is amazing how payment makes it the next day:bigsmile:

but that is all the mrs does is chase money all the time

My favourite has always been " we seem to have misplaced your invoice, can you send us another"? & then the cheeky cants want another month to pay up.
When I was contracts managing a while back our biggest client Yorkshire water sent us a letter stating they were now going to process our invoices on a 90 day basis & charge us a 5% administration charge. I had to politely explain to them that this was a 5 year fixed term contract meaning they were breaking the contract & if this were to come into force we would only accept orders for new work along with a pro rata payment for materials + we would be charging them at uptodate price for all our materials, travel & sundry costings as that what was in the contract. Soon backed down thank fk cos we would have been screwed otherwise.

aom, instead of selling it to debt collectors, we just put interest on!! as in are T&C
they get there invoice then one statement, if still no payment then they are paying with interest, It is amazing how payment makes it the next day:bigsmile:

but that is all the mrs does is chase money all the time

We tried that Clarkey but found when brokering a deal that interest payment was the first to go just so we could get what's owed. The bank is healthy at the moment so whatever the Mrs is doing I just let her batter at it.

We tried that Clarkey but found when brokering a deal that interest payment was the first to go just so we could get what's owed. The bank is healthy at the moment so whatever the Mrs is doing I just let her batter at it.

i can see another extension to the castle coming on

Nah, not long refurbished the West Wing so will leave it at that for a bit yet.:cool:

How much are we entitled to charge in interest and how a pecentage of x amount per day?

Top Bottom