is it just me

sheff scaff

Reaction score
i am feed up with site agents putting there own spin on hse rules if hse set them every one should stick to them not keep adding there own bit on when thay havent got a fuucking clue :mad: what do u think

Agreed, like those daft monkeys dream something up and then start quoting Industry Best Practice, my arse

winkers arent they . nothing worse than when they are so far up there own arse they think they can change whenever it suits them , probably due to so many people sucking them off and making them feel like a god

Health and Safety is the biggest money-making con since Religion...
Its total bull-shiit and only matters when a job is running on time and to budget. - The minute it aint, Health and Safety goes out the window and its all guns glazing until things get back to how the main Contractor wants it to be.

In short: Health and Safety is a bag of shiit and not worth a rub.

Agreed. Unfortunately its their site so they can put whatever rules they like on. No shorts or vests and having to wear your harness while placing soleboards out are two of my least favourite....

I know its not scaffolding but can anyone see the point in road construction tarmac lads wearing hard hats, what the fxxk is going to fall on them

I know its not scaffolding but can anyone see the point in road construction tarmac lads wearing hard hats, what the fxxk is going to fall on them

I've wondered that, and also wondered why scaffs on the top lift have to wear them. I figured in case a plane fell out of the sky and landed on you it might help :rolleyes:

Its all about covering your arse.
Insurance is a big expense, and firms are trying to cut corners every way they can.

The cost of 500 hard hats = £10,000?
The cost of being sued and increased insurance premiums = £100,000?

Thats probably not far off the real costs also.

I always thought it was just in case a block of frozen ***** fell from a passing plane..

Its incase when we fall off the scaffold we we swing into the scaffold cus we do wear our harnesses we dont smash our heads in, yet my hat doesnt have a chin strap

how says you cant learn something new every day i asked the question the other day what were the yellow plastic inserts for inside the tube was told it was to stop your fingers getting cut thought you wore gloves for that what numpty thought of that idear lol!!!!

had 1 today makeing up his own rules at a hotel which is open then wanted us to block a fire exit so the painters could get up there when it suits with them.

Top Bottom