is irish cscs scaffolder card valid in uk

irishjay

Reaction score
hi i have a cscs advanced scaffolder card which i done in ireland.can anyone let me know if its accepted in uk thanks

Republic of Ireland no it's not mate. Couple of my pals have travelled over from Mayo over past couple of years to start their part 1's and now they have completed their part 2's

from cork city south of ireland...ya i taught that alright i have to do it all over again ah well **** happens cheers for that mate..

You would think a cscs card would be relevent and the same anywhere??.....whats the difference anyway?..........and are our ones ok there:suspicious:

Yes ours are ok there. Was there myself for 3 or 4 years. Think I went on one site over the years and was asked to produce an Irish safepass, which I duly did 2 days later.

i spoke to the a guy from the training centre in dublin today and he said i can use it but its up to the employer to accept it but thats easier said than done.a complete waste of time if you ask me

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

who did u work for there mate

i spoke to the a guy from the training centre in dublin today and he said i can use it but its up to the employer to accept it but thats easier said than done.a complete waste of time if you ask me

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Still no work over there then Irishjay.

no mate nothing at all goin on there,i went to america when the rescission hit in 2006,went bk to ireland last year companys closing down everywhere, depressing place glad to b out of it..

no mate nothing at all goin on there,i went to america when the rescission hit in 2006,went bk to ireland last year companys closing down everywhere, depressing place glad to b out of it..

I worked for Pro Scaffolding when i was over there, mind you thats when there was tons of work, shame really i had a great time.

From my trips to Ireland I have only ever seen one T&F job, all the rest is the yellow hill billy bish bash kwackwank.

From my trips to Ireland I have only ever seen one T&F job, all the rest is the yellow hill billy bish bash kwackwank.

T&F when i worked for Pro Scaffolding, iwouldnt work with the yellow sh1t.

Hertel mate

back in 2007 i worked in aghunish alumnia plant in foynes co limerick for 2 yrs did you work for them in mayo.

hi i have a cscs advanced scaffolder card which i done in ireland.can anyone let me know if its accepted in uk thanks

Up until a month or so ago, this page claimed that the FÁS Asdvanced ticket is equal with the Basic Part 2 in GB. I see they have removed it recently but still show the Irish scaffolder CSCS card.

FÁS - Registration / Renewal / Replacement / Recognition

I have been trying to get the NASC to address this but David Mosley told me that thry have recinded the former agreement because of the poor quality of much of the Irish scaffolding training.

I have had quite a bit of correspondence with him on the legal requirement the NASC have under the EU directive for the Recognition of Prior Learning.

To date he has ignored my requests to address it.

Basically, if a person, in any member state, has learned a trade or skill over a recognised period of time and has been tested and assessed over that period in one country, every other member state MUST recognise this.

In Ireland we have now addressed this on the scaffolding training side, mainly I might add, due to my persistence. I have now trained and assessed Dutch scaffolders straight on to our advanced course. In theory, subject to interview, a scaffolder from Europe now only need do the second (test) week of the 10 day course. I will then assess them as advanced or basic.

It's basically a five day course a bit like the old 'route of entry' course GB used to have.

The NASC, contrary to DIRECTIVE 2005/36/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
of 7 September 2005 has FAILED to implement or even acknowledge this diretive to date

Here is an outline of the Directive.

The main mechanism by which professional qualifications are recognised is set down in EU Directive 2005/36 on the Recognition of Professional Qualifications. The purpose of the Directive, which came into force in October 2007, is to help make labour markets more flexible, further liberalise the provision of services, encourage more automatic recognition of qualifications, and simplify administrative procedures. Under the Directive, provisions are made whereby Professionals qualified in one (home) Member State can seek professional recognition of their qualifications in another (host) Member State for the purpose of practising their profession in that host Member State.

Look up the full wording if you like, it's easy enough to find.

What it means in practice is that someone has to take a case against the NASC, loose and then follow it up to the European Court where they will win and the NASC will have to change their ways

Unfortunately, that takes a lot of time and money so in the mean time you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I was going to set the ball rolling, and you can do the same, by applying to get on an NASC advanced course using your current card, log book and as much backup paperwork as you can muster. When the NASC refuse you the course, like they did to me, you can then take it to a solicitor.

I sent you a pm a while back bout all that,had a solicitor mate walk me through it all.i offered to help in any way as I was in London but you never got back to me.in oz now workin away hope you get it sorted.

Top Bottom