Invalid CISRS cards

eeiano

Reaction score
Looking for some info here...is there a gratis period on Scaff's after their card has expired. Basically, can they still work if it has not been renewed within a certain time period. Any one had these issues on site.

Any scaffolder can still work if he i competent!!

The problem lies with sites that want to see a CISRS card!!

If you can do the job then crack on, if not then learn, if you need a cisrs card then get some money together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ragscaff

If a site agent etc.... Asks to see your card and not in date he can ask you to leave the site.

If you should have a fall or etc..... The insureance firm will not pay out.

if your card has expired you have to start again on your part one etc,

also, I believe, as from November when passed through government the word "competent" is being removed and replaced by "qualified" - so all scaffolders must have a minimum part one ticket

if your card has expired you have to start again on your part one etc,

also, I believe, as from November when passed through government the word "competent" is being removed and replaced by "qualified" - so all scaffolders must have a minimum part one ticket

Do ya fook

On our company no ticket no job simple as that

what sort of scaffolder lets his ticket run out - only a useless one!!!!!!!!!!!

Q: What is the process for renewing my CISRS card?

Q: What is the process for renewing my CISRS card?

All existing cardholders will be required to renew their cards in line with the scheme.
Cards are required to be renewed at the following frequencies:

· Scaffolding Labourer Card valid for 5 years.

· Initial Trainee Cards are valid for 18 months within which time a trainee must commence CISRS training and undertake a minimum of Part 1 Training course.

· Trainee Cards can be renewed for a further 18 month period if the trainee has completed a Part 1 course. They would be expected to complete their Part 2 and VQ Level 2 within this second 18 month period.

· Scaffolder Cards are valid for 5 years

· Advanced Scaffolder cards are valid for 5 years

· Scaffolding Supervisor Cards are valid for 5 years

Card holders are required to renew their cards by completing the relevant application form and level of ConstructionSkills H&S Test (or equivalent) within 2 years of renewal.
THAT MEANS YOU MUST OF PASTED A H&S Test OR

The following are all deemed as acceptable alternatives to passing the ConstructionSkills Health and Safety Test(A COPY OF THE CERTIFICATE MUST BE ATTACHED TO THIS APPLICATION):• Current CCNSG Safety Passport (SCATS Card)• NEBOSH Construction Certificates (Taken within 2 years of application)• Current Offshore Survival Certificates• SSSTS or SMSTS (Taken within 2 years of application)• FAS Safe Pass

Renewal notices will be sent to the last known address approximately 3 months prior to the card expiry date.

Last edited:
Just Sit The Touch Screen Test Mate Only Costs Thirty Quid, And Send Away For Your Card Job Done.

i was under the impression with your part 1 you had 2 years to do part two or renew it after the renew(touch screen test) you had then 18 months to do part 2 or youd have to resit the part 1 i know there is ways round it but that was they way it worked i was told,

after your part 2 say in 5 years time when it runs out how long do you have to renew it again or is that it when you got it you got it just a case of touch screen

i was under the impression with your part 1 you had 2 years to do part two or renew it after the renew(touch screen test) you had then 18 months to do part 2 or youd have to resit the part 1 i know there is ways round it but that was they way it worked i was told,

after your part 2 say in 5 years time when it runs out how long do you have to renew it again or is that it when you got it you got it just a case of touch screen

That's pretty much it mate

You Only Need To Do The Touch Screen Test To Renew Your Card.

Sometimes their is a temp measure !

if it costs me 30 quid every five years and a touch screen thats not a problem at all,if your talking refreshers that cost me hundreds every couple of years then ive got a real problem with that !

On our company no ticket no job simple as that

what sort of scaffolder lets his ticket run out - only a useless one!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine expired years ago. Because I was working overseas and live overseas and rarely go to the UK. I did ask CISRS etc if you could do the touchscreen test online in foreign countires but they said no.Mind you i am pretty useless as well!!

Hi havespannerwilltravel - apologies I did not mean the likes of you - we had a scaffolder whos ticket ran out and he done nothing about it.

When he eventually tried to renew his ticket as his ticket had run out (i think by about four months) he was told he would have to start again with pasrt 1 etc.

My ticket was due for renewal recently I think they write to you about 3 months before it expires, you then take H & S test if not done so in last two years send off money, form etc and I had my new ticket in about a week.

The useless ones I was refering to are those who let it run out and not do anything about it and then come out with a load of bull as to why they haven't got one

Top Bottom