introduction letter?

atlasash

Reaction score
hi lads, iv got to write an introduction letter for a potential customer, and iv got a few things i know im going to put in, but im struggling how to start the intro off and whether it should be formal and factual or personnal and friendly etc, was wondering if any of you could give me a few tips:)

Hi atlash, what about a short company profile detailing your history? We find that works quite well.

Hi atlash, why dont you just go and see them face to face , there is no comparison i think a quick call to ask if it is possible to call in and have a quick friendly chat regarding what your company has to offer and the possibility of tendering for any future works . im a big believer in face to face when it comes to first introductions there is a kinda honesty about it and its gives both parties an excellent opportunity to get to know a little bit about who they are dealing with and helps with future contact aswell by means of for example the person might be the type that likes a good joke by email, he might be the old fashion type person who prefers faxes, letters or phone calls because technology passed him by. you may also get to know things more personal like he has an 8 yr old daughter who loves horses and goes to lots of competitions, so the nxt time you speak to him/her you ask how many rossettes the little girl has been winning lately.

we do use basic intro letters generally as a mass mail out of flyers to small building , roofing firms etc which we say , we are writing to introduce our company, so they may consider us for any future projects , tell them what services we offer blah blah blah

but if it is a company that we think is a company we would like to work for we pick up the fone and arrange a quick meeting take some cards, pens or summit useful with our name on it, and discuss what they look for in a company , how they do business etc etc just general work chit chat but also very important you also find out if they are the type of company you want to work for, when they pay, are they approachable if you have problems, what is their view on health an safety, how is their operational procedures etc you can find all this out by discussing what they look for in a company how they would expect things to happen from tender to final account.

A god honest friendly face to face introduction in my book beats everything else if its too far to travel try asking bout video conference. you can then put an introduction pack together based on your conversation covering the main topics discussed

Hi atlash, what about a short company profile detailing your history? We find that works quite well.
thanks aom, but we haven't been trading for too long so there's not alot of history to write about, good idea when we are more established though thanks

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
A god honest friendly face to face introduction in my book beats everything else if its too far to travel try asking bout video conference. you can then put an introduction pack together based on your conversation covering the main topics discussed

i have spoken to the agent and discussed things, he wants an introduction letter for his boss, i just wanted to know how to start the letter off, and whether to keep it factual or be a bit more personal. thanks for the input though

Dear Sirs,

As per my recent meeting with your Mr........, please find below our contact details to put on your system for any scaffolding inquires that you may have.

(Then a brief description of what your company does, area covered, past projects in well known locations, regular big customers used, bascially biging yourself up)

Tele:
Fax:
Email:

Regards,

Hope that kinda gives you an idea of where to start???

Ash

PM me your email address mate and I will forward you what I have got on file, I have one for small business' and another for the larger contractor, you can bastardise to suit

When I first set up I sent loads of letters out desribing the company stating the basics I;e fully insured, fully qualified and all that barely got a response:( The next lot a did were more personal wrote about how long I had been scaffolding, why I started up, what I hope to achieve etc got a miles better response:smile1:

Dear Sirs,

As per my recent meeting with your Mr........, please find below our contact details to put on your system for any scaffolding inquires that you may have.

(Then a brief description of what your company does, area covered, past projects in well known locations, regular big customers used, bascially biging yourself up)

Tele:
Fax:
Email:

Regards,

Hope that kinda gives you an idea of where to start???

i have done the letter now and sent it off, its similar to your example and im pleased with it so hopefully fingers crossed something will come of it, thanks for helping, it gives me something to look at next one i do:)

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Ash

PM me your email address mate and I will forward you what I have got on file, I have one for small business' and another for the larger contractor, you can bastardise to suit
cheers paul il send it you shortly mate, itl be good to see what others do!

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

When I first set up I sent loads of letters out desribing the company stating the basics I;e fully insured, fully qualified and all that barely got a response:( The next lot a did were more personal wrote about how long I had been scaffolding, why I started up, what I hope to achieve etc got a miles better response:smile1:
thanks for that dandaps its something to bear in mind mate:)

Top Bottom