Interview advice.

frederik

Reaction score

If you dont get it right,it could cost you a start.
How would you handle it. Blagg or truth???

When interviewing people for a job.
Bosses. What are you looking for in a person?

When going for an interview,how would you convince company that you are the right person?

Tip 1. Dont ever slag your last company off to the interviewer. Take the time to say nice things and how much you learnt experience gained etc.

2. What can you bring to the company?

Truth for Aom every time, rightly or wrongly I reckon as long as I can look you in the eye I could smell BS from a mile away and even if you do slip through the net the first job we go to together will reveal all I need to know. What could you bring to the firm malarky has never interested me, we already know what is required and to be honest I hate the buzz words and phrases and I'm only interested in if you can do the job. One fella was relocating and wanted to come clean right away over the phone about some time spent in the big hoose, didn't even come in to my thought process, I don't care what you have done in the past as long as you can do the graft when you arrive.

Biggest tip for convincing the boss you are the right person is perseverance, don't take no for an answer. Remember the story about the Polish guy who camped outside RBG office in Aberdeen and refused to shift till he got a job, well he got a job.

when i left school i went for an interview as an apprentice printer in a small printers workshop in glesga.
i thought it was going well then the geezer asked me" in a perfect world if i gave you a magic wand what would you do with it" i replyed that "in a perfect world i wouldnt need one".i thought that was a good answer but as i never got the job i think he was of the opinion that im a smart arse:cry:;).
HIS LOSS SCAFFOLDINGS GAIN,OR IS IT

I would have thought that was a good answer but just kind of backs up what I already said, doesn't really matter what you say it all boils down to how the interviewer see's you fitting in with those already there.

Great answer Happy,Personally would have taken you on immediately.

Not too many like you down here Aom. Trouble is when a position comes up,theres 100's apply.

I would have thought that was a good answer but just kind of backs up what I already said, doesn't really matter what you say it all boils down to how the interviewer see's you fitting in with those already there.

WHY WOULDNT I FIT IN I TAKE YOU THINK IM A SMART ARSE :cry:

Fair enough Frederik, I am old school and it seems to work for me. Easy I suppose when you are so small and with absolutely no wish to get any bigger. The big boys might make the right noises but to be honest I don't think there is that much difference between the thought process that I do. Even advertising for a job is a legal minefield and certain process's have to be adhered too should someone play the discrimination card. Mine is a bit simpler, if you can stand a paddy up you get a seat in the truck, if you can't you don't.:cool:

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

WHY WOULDNT I FIT IN I TAKE YOU THINK IM A SMART ARSE :cry:

No, I thought it was a great answer, Thinking outside the box, blue sky thinking and all that jazz. My point was, even though you thought of a brilliant answer I would bet he hadn't heard before you still never got the job meaning it was all just jazz, the whole process was flawed and he chose who he liked despite of interview performance, hence my previous posts.:cool:

---------- Post added 5th December 2011 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 4th December 2011 at 11:35 PM ----------

Forget my previous posts Frederik, lie through your teeth.;)

World's worst CV by Benedict Le Gauche admits to 'stealing', 'laziness' and 'skiving' | Metro.co.uk

Aom,hoping this Thread will give enough info/advice for people applying for jobs,do's,dont's etc. I share your ethos of giving someone a chance,just doesnt work down here,when you can maybe get the cream of the crop. (Opinions)
Its quite a daunting prospect having to face someone for a job interview. So you have to have an advantage,being your prep for said interview.

Weakness.. I cant hemp a 21 at head height anymore.:cry:
Strengths... I make a luvly cuppa.:bigsmile:
Academic Quals.....School Leaver .FAQ.=(Fook All Qualifications)Haha

It depends what type of person the Interviewee is, i suppose.

He might like to be sucked up to, there fore you'll have to say nice things about your old firm, but how this new firm seems better, more professional and all that old shiite.

or

He might want straight talkers, then you'll have to the opposite of the above.

Me, id talk truth. - No point being a blagger, if your not good at it... and im a terrible blagger, lol.
I couldn't blag the knickers off a drunk Prostitute, rofl.
I know, ive tried it!

When in an interview for a job [and ive had a few] dont tell them what they want to hear tell them what you want them to hear, you would be surprised by the startled look on their faces when they realise that they have not got a run of the mill candidate in front of them, rather somebody who thinks for themselves and is not afraid to voice an opinion.

Interveiws

Talk the way you work straight and uncomplicated you’re a scaffolder not a professor of applied mathematics.

Don’t lie, answer what you’ve been asked, don’t be vague about your work history,

I do a few interviews I can’t stand waffling off topic
I want my questions answered
I’m no scaffolder but I can spot a liar
And my instinct tells me who will fit with our guys

Is that, so help me God and get this job.....Jakdan...

Yorkshiremen! :suspicious: I may have sympathy with the devil here General:rolleyes:

Top Bottom