Installing and removing metal sheeting on scaffold canopy

birthday1983

Reaction score
Hi

I have caught some scaffold contractors that we use not using any PPE whilst installing and stripping the metal sheets and they say that it is not possible to do it wearing PPE such as a fall restraint.

I would really appreciate some guidance on the best way to go about safely installing/removing metal canopy roofs on scaffolds as I have not been able to find any information anywhere on this.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome ,
you sound like a school teacher thats caught some lads smoking :laugh:

What is your role in this are you a site manager ?

Because it should be in the RAMS in your office , probably in a file titled RAMS that should have been approve by yourself or your safety adviser

Hi

I have caught some scaffold contractors that we use not using any PPE whilst installing and stripping the metal sheets and they say that it is not possible to do it wearing PPE such as a fall restraint.

I would really appreciate some guidance on the best way to go about safely installing/removing metal canopy roofs on scaffolds as I have not been able to find any information anywhere on this.

Thanks in advance.

#JobsWorth

Wait till they start bombing the sheets, then you will have something to complain about

If your so concerned you could always get some fall arrest nets installed,at your cost of course,but the lads will probally have the tins off by then,normally they would have boards under the beams to work off which they work down the roof as they go,clipped on of course,stack the tins ready to crane down,how big is this roof?i presume your talking about a decent size one,as the lads say check the rams.

Hi

Thanks in advance.

Welcome ,
you sound like a school teacher thats caught some lads smoking :laugh:

What is your role in this are you a site manager ?

Because it should be in the RAMS in your office , probably in a file titled RAMS that should have been approve by yourself or your safety adviser

Phillios is right mate. You could end up in prison for allowing this to happen.

My advise would be to let the lads finish the job and move on with your life. Who needs the hassle of upsetting the scaffolders and potentially having your legs broken by the disgruntled chargehand?....or worse!

Hi

Thanks in advance.
What does their risk and method statement say ( they should have signed them) presuming its a CDM site and your a proper contractor

What does their risk and method statement say ( they should have signed them) presuming its a CDM site and your a proper contractor

Hmmm a sensible answer??

You've sold out, man!

You used to be so cool.

Judas :mad:

Good advice there Phil , let them finish first

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

He sounds like the scaff police, who cares as long as the scaffold comes down, you get weighed in , your legs and windows are in the same amount of bits as when you started .
Is that better ?

Top Bottom