inspection 2 day course

dico

Reaction score
right not going to mention the trainning centre but its one of the main ones that teach the scaffolding!!! wernt gana say anything but piss!ed me off when i was told by a good sourse last week apparently they were mainly all site managers that new nish about scaffolding and a couple of scaffolders after the 2 day course the managers were told by the trainner if you dont no how to inspect a scaffolder after this course go and ask one of the scaffolders on site he will put you right as your not exspected to no after 2 days of a course this in my eyes is discusting these people shouldnt be allowed to do these courses its rubbing the scaffolders face in it!!! this is the main trainning scaffolding body so it dosent have to be highlighted we know who they are:mad:

I bet half of them didn't even want to be there, more responsibility taken off the MC.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Why would a scaffolder take a course to do something he can do without taking the course?

Ive just sat one recently, apparently after 30 years in the game im not competent to inspect our scaffolds without it. And what the guy run through us that wasnt acceptable was frightening, if i was to inspect our scaffolds in the same degree, we wouldn't earn a penny. And if i was to throw away the boards that he said was faulty under the european guidelines wed have a near empty yard, us an every other firm. Absolutely frightening

I bet half of them didn't even want to be there, more responsibility taken off the MC.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Why would a scaffolder take a course to do something he can do without taking the course?

Nice couple of days off work!

In my opinion, most main contractors send these clowns on scaffold inspection courses to give them a basic understanding of what the basic structural and safety requirements are - not to inspect the scaffolds.

Nice couple of days off work!

In my opinion, most main contractors send these clowns on scaffold inspection courses to give them a basic understanding of what the basic structural and safety requirements are - not to inspect the scaffolds.

Most contractors send them onto to say they are qualified in scaffold inspection to cover their arse - where there's training someone can be blamed!

Most contractors send them onto to say they are qualified in scaffold inspection to cover their arse - where there's training someone can be blamed!

You can only 'blame' the individual if they've signed the scaffold inspection report when there's been a clear fault with the scaffold at the time of inspection.

I cannot think of a main contractor that I have worked for who has had one of their employee's sign-off the schedule 7 inspection report. It's either sold on to a third-party like Simian, or the scaffolding contractor carries it out on their bahalf, at a cost, or as an agreed part of the contract.

They send these site managers on this course because they dont want to pay for scaffold inspections:mad:

They send site managers on the courses so they can be smug smart arsed pr icks to the lads when they turn up for a days work ,
" you cant do that because i have been on a course and now know a tiny bit about nothing "

You can only 'blame' the individual if they've signed the scaffold inspection report when there's been a clear fault with the scaffold at the time of inspection.

I cannot think of a main contractor that I have worked for who has had one of their employee's sign-off the schedule 7 inspection report. It's either sold on to a third-party like Simian, or the scaffolding contractor carries it out on their bahalf, at a cost, or as an agreed part of the contract.

I can but I'm not naming them on here. But the majority do as you say Phil.

apparently in the usa the inspection course make the inspectors build scaffolds,using various systems as well as tube and clamp as the american safety guy i was dealing with called tube and fitting.
the safety guy never really had a scooby doo about scaffolding but the training which took a week does sound a hell of a lot better than the money making scam that is churned out over here

Its basically our very own HSE doing **** all to step in and sort it out , are they on the payrole of CITB ? The HSE in this country are a shameless bunch of yes men and and not fit for purpose , they hold a position of power and do nothing to stand up for safety , they would rather go for meals withs the very people who put the word "dead,death,killed" into the working mans lifes.

Swifty do it and grow some balls. All centres like feedback but it is nice to receive some positive every now and again.
Thought you was the man with the voice?

Do what and grow some balls Steve? Stop talking Yorkshire.

If these clowns tagged a scaffold that collapsed and injuries occurred the word competence would **** them at court because competence is defined as knowledge, training, experience and more importantly know your limits!!!

If these clowns tagged a scaffold that collapsed and injuries occurred the word competence would **** them at court because competence is defined as knowledge, training, experience and more importantly know your limits!!!

Competent , would be alright,its that word qualified that gets me, 2 day course and your qualified to inspect apparently.:laugh::laugh:

i agree how can someone who has never picked up a spanner know how to inspect a complex job

Top Bottom