Info on Work in UAE

BM

Reaction score
I'm wondering if any of you fellow scaffs can help me.

Ive been in contact with an UAE oil and gas company after i applied for a Scaffolding Chargehand position, and they have asked me what my expected monthly salary in UAE would be?

Would be great if anyone who can give me a rough guidance on the monthly salary expectations, maybe someone who has experience out there.

Cheers

It would be very unusual for a European to be on the tools in the UAE, there are plenty on here working out there that could advise you.

i have a wee bit of experience in the Gulf but the workforce is made up predominantly of Indian,Pakistani,Nepalese and Phillipino all the way up to GF
any Brits or any other Westerners are Generally in a Managerial capacity.
All the best in your quest for work ;)

1000 dirhams = £160 roughly. The TCNs are on 20-40p an hour so when you tell them your expected salary you may not get any response. If you are lucky enough to get a start be prepared to work in temperatures up to 50 degrees in summer :-0

set your target higher for Management positions

Scaffs -Various nationals - none saxon -celt -pict -norman -brits available.

Basic is SR 880 + SR 200 food allowance per month.

Achievable annual loyalty increments -job and knocks -minimum of 12 hrs every day take home average SR 2600 Per month.

Check currency converter for poundage.

Last edited:
As the lads above have already said the TCN scaffolders are on very poor money so I can't see any expat moving to the UAE in a scaffolders position unless you are just looking for the experience or a working holiday.

The problem now is that lots of the TCN scaffolders can get the CISRS oversea training card in the UAE & the oil & gas company's are happy with it.

If you are looking for the experience & willing to work for low money drop me a PM I have a few contact.

Top Bottom