Info on AGS required.

event manager

Reaction score
Morning Gents, my first post, looking for info, I doubt that I'll be a regular contributor to this forum as I'm an events manager and have no involvement with your industry. However, I would like to ask for your help if possible.

I need to find out more about scaffolding company AGS.

They came recommended to me and I met with them to look at a job (building a largish platform for an art show)

However, on researching them (using the web) I come across articles saying they had gone into administration about this time last year.

A link to this site and a thread talking about them made me wonder if this community would be willing to offer any information that might prove useful.

Now, obviously I will talk to them about the insolvency but any other information I can glean will be useful.

I have never had cause to work with scaffolders and I want to make sure that I get this job done properly - the art show see's about 12,000 visitors so I need to be 100% certain I'm employing the right people.

I fully appreciate that you might not want, or be in a position to comment and understand if that's the case.

I'm not looking to start a fight over the company, I just want to be sure that they are reputable, solvent and will do the job properly.

Thanks in advance for any advice. If you would prefer please feel free to send me a PM or email me - events at wpb dot co dot uk

Oh, if this thread offends anyone please can a moderator delete it.

If this thread descends into a slanging match I will delete it.

All the best and thanks in advance

Oh, if this thread offends anyone please can a moderator delete it.

If this thread descends into a slanging match I will delete it.

Oh, you must NOT do that, as it might offend a load of random nobodies... :rolleyes:
(Please dont listen to that first bit, i was being sarcastic about another thread...)

Anyway.
Welcome to the Forum.

The AGS i worked for was out of Leytonstone, East London and i worked for them about 10 years ago... and they wasn't that bad - just your average Firm, i only left because i didnt much like 'Super-human' Jonny Newman, but he left them ages ago, ive been told.

But... i do believe that in recent times, they did infact have alot of problems with cash flow and had to lay off a number of their blokes about a year ago.
Now whether this was just them getting rid of dead wood, i dont know.
If they are doing work again, then it must be a good sign.

Firm wise, they aint the best, nor are they the worst.
Same as most Firms out there, they probably have their good points and bad, like we all do.

Hope this helps.
Jay.

Top Bottom