Indians in Pembroke

SWIFTY

Reaction score
Nothing to do with scaffolding but typical of Alstom employing dodgy sub-contractors.

A raid has found 28 illegal workers at the construction site of the new Pembroke Power Station.

The UK Border Agency said the men, all from India, were employed by a sub-contractor and had no legal right to work in the UK.

It said the sub-contractor had been served with a civil penalty notice for employing illegal workers.

The site has been the scene of demonstrations by people demanding jobs to be given to British workers.

its the same all over the country mate we got at least 4 scaffold companies in London that are owed by and only employ Indians and the rate for a "fixer" is around £45 per day and the state of their work is terrible :eek:

£10 000 per man, it's still not enough !!!
This affects every UK taxpayer as we ultimately pay Alstom and their sub-contractors regardless of which part of the world they come from.

Well thats understandable theres traveling men on there with no dig money saying they have local addresses in pembroke.All i can say is shame on them as there messing it up for all of us...

I bet the Bait cabin smelled great, 28 different curry wraps and samosas, beats a cheese sarnie though:laugh:

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Ghandis armpit springs to mind, and plodging in the wet concrete with bare feet, to tamper is cheaper than hiring a vibrating poker.:eek:

double arm your right,quite unbeliveably the guys in question mostly happen to be scaffs and blasters id love to go in there after the new year on full lodge.yea paddy what a whiff there hut must have lol.good old alstom do it again eh.

Saddens me to see the way this game is going, as for travelling men with no lodge money is a bloody disgrace. As double arm said there ruining it for everyone. Ive worked on mechanical jobs all over the UK and years ago we would have walked out the gate till these clowns were removed off the job. Its called sticking to gether sadly thats missing today.

Worked on the Liverpool One project,full of foreign labour,Indians,Poles,Russians,you name it they where on there,oh and a handfull of scousers.Supposed to be 75%local labour,well I suppose Birmingham is local!!Unions did f---all as usual,you where accused of racism if you said anything,a few lads got the bullet for having a go.Polacs where coming straight off the coaches with brand new gear,could't speak a word of English yet got through the inductions,makes you wonder where they got their safety cards from.No one will ever convince me that they are just cheap labour and as for them being better grafters,********!

When I sat my last safety passport the instructor was an ex Corus safety officer, he told us he was lucky to work three days a week, but his polish speaking counterpart had to work six or seven days a week to keep up with demand.
Stinks doesn't it.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Worked on the Liverpool One project,full of foreign labour,Indians,Poles,Russians,you name it they where on there,oh and a handfull of scousers.Supposed to be 75%local labour,well I suppose Birmingham is local!!Unions did f---all as usual,you where accused of racism if you said anything,a few lads got the bullet for having a go.Polacs where coming straight off the coaches with brand new gear,could't speak a word of English yet got through the inductions,makes you wonder where they got their safety cards from.No one will ever convince me that they are just cheap labour and as for them being better grafters,********!

Sounds just like the East London Line and the Isle of Grain Power Station and probably every large government funded project.

there was some big indian firms back in london early 90s Rahinder , Rahene , Roads & Runways , Forward Construction etc - used to do all the concreting on the motorways

Top Bottom