I want to get my tickets

Triggerdascaff

Reaction score
Hello I have been in the scaffolding game for around 5 years but I have no tickets.
I am a capable Scaffolder and think I'm ready for my part 2.
Can I jump straight for my part 2 or do I have to be a part 1 before I'm aloud or just advice on what to do would be great thanks

You have to do your part 1 first.
Do you have a Labourers card ? If not apply ASAP. You have to hold that for 6 month min before you can do your part 1 and get your trainee card, then you have to hold that for a min of 1 year before you can do your part 2

best of luck with it bud,but you do need to go through the whole process.it will be worth it in the end

hello mate,
Just thought I had better put you staight on a couple of points as your being given some incorrect advise.
You can book up and enrole to take the part one CISRS scaffold course tomorrow, you do not have to have held a trainee ticket for 6 months, what you need is to have been working with scaffolding in some capacity for a minimum period of 6 months prior to starting the course so as you have an idea of the fittings used and their purpose, and so as you will be used to handling the tubes and boards.

But you MUST complete the part one 6 months before you are entitled to attend the part two. The Part one will give you the technical knowledge for erecting a basic independent both regular & Putlog, a tower,and a birdcage, there is no assessment involved with the part one so providing you complete all ten days of the course you are not really able to fail it. But your skills are monitered and a recomendation could be made in your file that you should get a specified period of on site expierience with the equipment if it is felt that you are not comfortable or confident with the matirial.
There will be a 50 question test paper at the end of the course that you are expected to score at least 80% in order to pass.
You will not be registerd on the part one but you will most likley be given your NVQ portfolio and it is in your best interest to complete as much of this as you can in the time between your part one and part two so the instructors can assist you with it during the part two.At the college I teach we assist you in completing the portfolio completly during the part two course so you dont have to worry about it again.
There is a basic assement at the start of the part two and then the rest of the course is training with another test at the end of it with the same level required to pass the part two. After another 6 month has then passed and your portfolio has been signed off you will be able to take the one day final and then so long as your h&s is up to date you will be awarded your basic ticket.
I hope this helps but as you have been advised by daftscaff get satarted and you wont regret it.

good luck with your career

correct me if im wrong but is the part 1 card not a trainees card,i know my part 1 said it on it.
i dont think its changed that much or has it geoff since you work at a training centre you should know

The CISRS card comes as either

. Labourer, this person will have had to have passed the cscs h&s with the WAH

.Trainee this can be claimed by anyone so long as it has been endorsed by a scaffold company and has a shelf life of 18months this entitles someone to work at height under the direct supervision of a compatent person..this card will normaly only be renewed once then the holder returns to being a labourer untill they have completed their basic card

.Basic scaffolder this is issued after having sucsessfully completing both the part one, part two, Level 2 NVQ & one day skills match. This will require the person applying for the card to have passed a WAH h&s test within two years at the time of applying for the new card as it will be issued with another four years H&S decal on it.

> Advanced scaffolders card. this requires the holder to have held a basic card for a minimum of one year, to have completed the ten day advance training program. To have completed a level 3 NVQ and a two day skills match and to have passed the h&s within two years.

so it has changed a wee bit then since i were a lad.
so you can get a trainees card without sitting a part 1 or am i too pissed and should maybe read this tomorrow:eek:

so it has changed a wee bit then since i were a lad.
so you can get a trainees card without sitting a part 1 or am i too pissed and should maybe read this tomorrow:eek:

Yes it has changed a lot since the day of the big white CITB ticket that said part one trainee or part two trainee..I still have my old one of them that say's
CITB Advanced scaffolder..although I managed to upgrade it to a CIRSR advanced about 7 years ago, but mine is what is known as pre NVQ.
yeah the card you remember was totaly withdrawn and is no longer recognised by the industry as it has moved on quite a bit since the days of them big old things

Sorry mate. I was talking about the old bigger CITB cards. Where there was no Labourers card at that time. Didn't realise it had changed that much

Hello I have been in the scaffolding game for around 5 years but I have no tickets.
I am a capable Scaffolder and think I'm ready for my part 2.
Can I jump straight for my part 2 or do I have to be a part 1 before I'm aloud or just advice on what to do would be great thanks

Pray to god you're with a firm that'll put you through your tickets mate cmy part 1 cost just under £1000 last year & I've just paid another £1066 for my part 2. Each course is 10 days long so that 2 weeks off work for each course & then you have to pay around another £300ish for your assessment to get the part two completed.
For me it's worth the expense, although it has been difficult at times to find work as most companies only want part 2's which is understandable as they probably don't want to take a risk with someone with only a trainee card.

Good luck anyway mate.

If any young lad deserves a card, id say this one does (tobi :) ). He works with me, good grafta!

tell the lad to learn polish and he will probably get them for feck aLL,failing that try claiming assylum

Top Bottom