I love seeing jobs like this!!

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
I love seeing jobs like this!! Must have been so fuckin difficult to build you just gotta take your hat off to them lol

1459970_10202349007070309_2121234296_n.jpg

Wouldn't fix the gutter from that never mind the roof. Might explain why the prices are lower now.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

At least they tried to stagger their joints. lol

About the only thing that they don't have to do now, well on the ledgers anyway.

Ledgers still have to be staggered according to sg4.10 blah blah blah
The only way u can get away with it is if the handrails are continuous ;)

Just my days contribution of useless information boys lol

JESUS WEPT! What a fukkin abortion.Got to be a DIY job.Seen more gear as a rack on a wagon.Used to be a firm in Birkenhead called Skyhooks,they used to base out with ten foot lifts. then go up in ten foot lifts.

Ledgers still have to be staggered according to sg4.10 blah blah blah
The only way u can get away with it is if the handrails are continuous ;)

Just my days contribution of useless information boys lol

I think it's more tg that tells us to stagger, sg4 is more for collective protection.
The stagger probably hasn't changed but the one third maximum has as well as no need to be within 300mm of a standard with a transom.

You might not need that for strength but I reckon I will carry on trannying on a standard even if it's just for plumbing.

I think it's more tg that tells us to stagger, sg4 is more for collective protection.
The stagger probably hasn't changed but the one third maximum has as well as no need to be within 300mm of a standard with a transom.

You might not need that for strength but I reckon I will carry on trannying on a standard even if it's just for plumbing.

I always have a tranny for bubbling al as for 300mm I thought that only applied to the distance of bracing to the node point Not staggering

Your transom had to be within 300mm of your brace or node or better still, to complete the node. They tell me you can just tranny out now to suit your timber.

Your ledgers had to be no more than 1 third into a bay. They tell me that is also gone.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

It's not 300mm from the node anymore, it's 150mm.

Gone altogether now mighty mouse.

Agreed. Unless you're using aberdeens always at least 300mm from the standard. Apart from anything else, it just looks ****.

We are made to do it within 150mm now not 300, but that just might be company policy as everyone I mentioned it too, still do 300

Don't take anything I say as fact, just how I read and understand things.

I'm quite often wrong. :embarrest:

Were the same al. Tranis out to suit your boards, however we've just completed a job were there was trannis 150mm either side of the standards as well as your normal trannis. And it were only a class4 scaffold.

All our jobs are erected as class 4's mate. 5 trannis to a bd, 1.8mt standard spacings and all that jazz.

Top Bottom