I love agencies !!!!!!

joebag

Reaction score
That got your attention :D

As much as I need a shower after this, ive come to a conclusion that middle men are needed, however,,,,, agencies on the whole in their present form are terrible!

Not going to big him up but theres a guy who I have battled with on here who holds his own and talks at least some sense (I feel sick):sick:

Can agency blokes along with the guys that run them come up with a better system as you would have to be blind to see that the present system doesnt work and a large part is ripping the blokes off!!!!!

Im not p1ssed or in need of an exorcism, even saddam got a trial ;)

With employment laws as they are you are right Joe, there is a need for temporary workers.
But what is wrong with the companies taking self employed men on for short term projects ?

Which one is talking sense?

What is the biggest sticking point stopping firms doing that, I pay my own taxes, my own insurance, surely if I sign a short term 89 day contract that covers employers from holiday pay etc, for what I lose in benefits I gain in wage and power to pull tags on my job, , seems to me too much the other way and I dont think powerfull people realise how pissed off ordinary blokes are, they need to listen soon as its a tinderbox on the street at the mo:mad:

Its the companies that are holding all the cards with the rates length of contract and hors etc.
when i talk to a company about supplying scaffolders to them. The first questions i ask them is what are you paying your own men, the reason been that i pay my scaffolders the same as the men who are on for the firm so everyone is on the same rate.
so if i am advertising for a scaffolder and i am offering £15.00 for advanced for arguments sake that is what the company are paying there guys.
so the rates are down to the clients in my case they are cant speak for any other agency
thats just me.
I personally feel that there should be a nationwide rate for scaffolders so everyone gets the same for what card you own but that wont happen.
i am a advanced scaffolder who has been doing this for 8 months so i have seen both sides of the coin and to be honest i wish i was back scaffolding at times, but to get took on at a company now adays and get a good run with them are few and far between.
More and more companies are after short term labour weather your cards in or through a agency.How many of you have had a start for a company cards in and 6 weeks later been potted last in first out no matter how hard you have grafted.
If the companies looked after there men instead of finishing them as soon as a job finishes then things may be different.
Another thing i have a national account with a major company who one branch is paying there own men on Target and i am paying my men on the same job a hourly rate and they are wondering why the cant get any men.
If anyones got a question i will reply with a honest reply

I've worked for an agency when the direct lads are on target, we did a deal with the scaffold company so we were paid hours on the job.

Top Bottom