Humble pie !

joebag

Reaction score
Had to eat a big slice this week,owned up to a fuk up then explained it was all just a test for the Management types to see who was really on the ball :embarrest:

Worst fuk ups you have and hadn't admitted to!

With this being my first ever mistake,,,,,ever,,,, I need to gain experience from others who are used to this :toung:

Biggest **** was not splicing my toppers and ledges in a design job. Got to say i got shafted very hard with no lube:cry:. Safe to sat i've never done it since..

Sorry cant help you on this one. Don't make any :)

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Biggest **** was not splicing my toppers and ledges in a design job. Got to say i got shafted very hard with no lube:cry:. Safe to sat i've never done it since..

Never got shafted with no lube again or the not splicing part ;)

Ahahah we all make mistakes loose fittings etc, the best piece of humble pie i seen any 1 eat was the old gaffer. On 2 x 4 ft towers ither side of the porch with 2 board hop up and 10ft layher bay above the porch.to stop the the tower coming over we had put the 2 board hop up on the tower sat on the ridge with the 10ft ledger in to a standard over the other side buil that tower , gaffer stood and watched wanted it just above the ridge of the porch after arguing with him that it was easier /safer to have it a cup above the ridge and lower the jack down than have it right at the top of the jack .well we did it his way the collor of the base cup was at the top of the jack so much so that the jack wasnt even in the standard . I wasnt happy with it he knew that but we did as he said. 2 weeks later his brother comes storming out of the office .... Wtf that scaffold you built had come over on to the roof and popped out the jack, did it now go see ya feking bro why he wont for put it up i said no but he stood there demanding it was done that way so go fekign see him..garn then, 10 mins later he came out i said ya spoke to him his said yeah its the way it was stripped , no it fekign isnt its the way he wanted it put up is the problem my how i made him chew it lol

We all make mistakes Joebag. Sometimes owning up could save a company thousands of pounds, lots of grief and stress along with keeping their reputation in tact. Pull up a chair, splash the pie with loads of custard and enjoy because sometimes the pie tastes good in certain circumstances and is nothing to be ashamed of ;-)

We have all fu cked up Joe , the secret is to learn from your mistakes so you dont make them again ;)

Well there was the time I built a 13ft tower on a maisonette for Scaffy in New Malden to be told later that evening that it should in fact have been erected on a flat roof in the next street.

well there was the time i built a 13ft tower on a maisonette for scaffy in new malden to be told later that evening that it should in fact have been erected on a flat roof in the next street.

bet he knocked on door and asked for money for scaffolding been up or it wasnt coming down lol

Top Bottom