human resources departments

dico

Reaction score
:mad:are all these large human resources departments that look after there firms interests the same!!! or are some flexable with there employees the reason i ask my firm. are not going to move with the payment from trainee to basic part 2 untill theve got the ticket on there system not the pass certificate but the cisrs ticket with the picture on!!! i no three scaffolders that have sat and passed there part 1 and part 2 courses there nvqs are signed off and they have there 1 day pass certificate but this human resourses department will not paye there rates untill they receive there tickets in there hands with the pictures on surley the 1 day pass certificate should be good enough my work mate has been waiting 3 months for hes wages to go from trainee to part 2 but they will not increase hes wages untill the human resourses department have seen hes ticket on the system and will not reconise that the courses and nvq are complete untill the tickets arrive!!! personally i think any money thats owed should be back dated from when the course finished and you got your pass certificate!! and the cards should be sent out within 24hrs of doing the final assecement not 3 or 4 months down the line. and human resourses departments and companys should reconise the certificate while the tickets are in post there doing the work they should get payed :mad:

If you the bottom of the cert you get from the training centre for your assessment it says that it is not proof of being qualified. You only considered qualified when you get the CISRS cert and card.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Also, were the certs sent out direct to the employer? If so they might be hiding up that they've got them to save paying out. Contact CISRS on CISRS Helpline 0844 815 7223 Email enquiries@cisrs.org.uk. and find out if the tickets have been sent out, when and where to. Then question you hr dept if they have them.

hi cod eye!!! yeah on the part 2 certificate it does say that the persons are not qualified untill the nvq and final assecement are finished but these lads have finished there part 2 one day assecements and the tickets were sent to there houses but they still took over 3 months. the certificate you get on the final assecement should be valid untill the ticket arrives in the post a driveing licence is valid as soon as you pass your test!!! its just another exsuse for firms to keep more money in there pots probably why they turn over millions each year

The cert from the assessment disn't valid because the portfolios are normally externally verified after the assesment has been done. That's why you get people turn up with incomplete portfolios and all sorts. After they're verified they are sent to CISRS and then the cards and qualification tickets sent out. Still shouldn't of took 3 months though.

Have the boys given copies to the office? The should ask for back pay. No harm in trying. The firm I used to work for used to do it.

100% right cod eye your not working for cisrs are your knowledge is very good lol!!!! my work partner and myself put our nvqs in the same time 12 or 13 weeks ago was told when the nvq was signed off another joe bloggs has to turn up and look at the nvqs that have been passed!!! then he signs them off anyway were i rang up i got mine passed by the second joe bloggs!! but my work partner is still waiting for the second joe bloggs to sighn hes off even thou hes went in same time as me lmfao!!! he isnt bothered as hes rate is still part 2 wheres mines not lol!! the systems sh!t

I dont think they check every portfolio thow dicmo 3 or 4 out of say the 9 that wer eon the ocurse if ther eok then thell pass the rest f they did find somthign un to ward with 1 of them 4 then they would look in to the rest on that particually course if that makes sense get on to sisrs every day thel get sick marra ring and tell them the crack and when ya get no were ring htem; back next day after 3 4 days theyll be like not you again and all you say if yes and from now on its going to be twise a day lol

I have in the recent past, after getting written confirmation from CITB that they had met all the criteria, engaged 2 blokes as basic scaffolders who hadn't yet received their cards. I don't see why men should be held back from working at the higher level for as long as it takes an organisation to get your card to you, whether that be 3 days or 6 weeks. If they say you meet the criteria, you meet the criteria and if I have it in writing, that's good enough for me.

I had the same problem getting my advanced card out of them, so I done what I said in my previous post. SO that's based on my experience.

When we done the assessment, out of the 9 of us on it, mine was the only portfolio not needing any extra work so I left while the assessor brought all the other lads portfolios up to speed. We were told if we hadn't got our card with in 4 weeks give them a call. So I did, and I called CISRS as well. It was in my hand within another week. They blamed the bank holiday for slowing down the process. The other boys got their cards about the same time as me.

im finding this on my part one too. one firm will pay the part one rate with just the cert. others try to skimp back and demand a card but yet pay other favouritism lads the rate with just the cert. money wasting spin offs

Top Bottom