Hse.

frederik

Reaction score

Heard from an hs inspector yesterday,theres plans to make the department independent from the government. Anyone else heard this. Apparently they will be self funded,expect a few more raids if this is true. :suspicious:Targets to meet.

Not sure about being independent but I did hear any expenses incurred will now be charged to the firm in question. Self funding may make a few decisions more open to challenge.:idea:

whatever it is that happening , im sure we'll be paying for it somewhere or sometime

Be a bit like traffic wardens creeping up on people. On the spot fines next.

If that happens,it really will be time to wrap up,their pay will be performance linked,they could walk onto most sites and find something not to their liking and start handing whopping fines to both bosses and scaffs,big boost to their bonus,it's a depressing thought when we're only trying to make a fecking living:(

Mmm, could have given out a few tickets myself today, no harness, hat or hand rail but they did have their high vis on so that helped.:eek:

I think it's more for firms shelling out for the hse to investigate any short coming or incident Frederik but you never know where it could end up.

It's not going independent but they need to fund around 35 mill per year and they will be charging 124 pound per hour when they give notices, it's agreed and will be passed in April. This is for writing, travelling, phone calls and any admin.

Simian,is it also true,prosecutions will be made against individuals and not the company.
Inspector mentioned this. Eg. you drop something off a scaffold,said person and foreman will be charged,scaff brickie plasterer,whoever.

It's not going independent but they need to fund around 35 mill per year and they will be charging 124 pound per hour when they give notices, it's agreed and will be passed in April. This is for writing, travelling, phone calls and any admin.

We were asked to attend a meeting with an HSE guy on a site we had been working on. Turned out we weren't actually involved with the thing he was investigating. Anyways, he told us that we would be getting a bill for £124. This was last december. I told him that we didn't accept it as we weren't at fault. He said that didn't matter and it was out of his hands.

Yes frederik, individuals are getting done and companies are pushing this. If you train someone and give them all the ppe, monitor them and toolbox talk them then they still choose to work unsafe and cut corners the individual should take the rap.

Then they will be a law unto themselves, God help us

They are anyway, but i know what you mean.
HSE Inspectors that are Government funded = Pain in the balls, but not overly motivated.
HSE Inspectors that are Private funded = REAL proper jobs-worths, who will make things extremely hard for us.

Privatisation Of The Hse, Whatever The Hell Is This Fecked Up Country Of Ours Going To Come Up With Next? The Mind Boggles,Is This Govt Such A Shower Of Greedy A******es That They Could Even Think This Crap Up,Im Convinced Im In A Time Warp Better Look Out My Skinner Jeans And Doc Martens Cause Im Convinced Im Heading Back To The 1970s Bleeding Tories

Aye and yer harrington jacket.:laugh:

Yes frederik, individuals are getting done and companies are pushing this. If you train someone and give them all the ppe, monitor them and toolbox talk them then they still choose to work unsafe and cut corners the individual should take the rap.

I see the logic in that, but still feel the company should be liable. Cutting corners! Why? Is that cos company works to timescales,thereby pressuring foreman and workers to get job done. Company will take the savings by cutting corners,but pass the buck if it goes titsup.

The company will get done, unsuitable supervision will be cited and the boy's getting done will be as rare as hens teeth. Yes there will be a story or 2 about the squad that was done but on the whole the gaffer is for the high jump.

Aom, Have We Met? Youv Just Summed Up My Wardrobe ( Retired Skinhead 1970s Version) You Seem To Know Me So Well,

Still got the same wardrobe myself, my dm's had the red laces though, sometimes I would go crazy and put the yellow ones in.:embarrest:

Always Preferred The Oxblood As Opposed To Cherry Red, Still Listen To Trojan Records On An Ipod Now , Hmph Technology Eh? Who Knows Maybe One Day They Will Invent A System Scaffold How Revolutionary Would That Be?

haha, oxblood, that's the ones. I bet it doesn't sound the same on an i-pod, or does it? I have refused to embrace all technology fekin i-pods being one of them.

Top Bottom