hse takin the p!ss

steve198622

Reaction score
went to put a job up in a room this mornin, was 8" high 30' long x 28' wide with an 9 " gap round the edge and was fully boarded for plasterers as wasn't allowed to work off a create, we left job and an hour later got a phone call to go back and toe board and hand rail it, is it just me or is this takin the p!ss like ??

the site agent said it was ok not to put handrails up as would be in the way off plasters as on 9inch off the walls and 8inch off ground!!

8 inchs ? i thought you ment 8 foot high , fu ck me thats madness , why didnt he us a podium

8 Inchs must have been a nightmare doing up the clips , and a tad sore on the kuckles

fu ck no's things just get worse like lol, we have had some sh!t jobs were we had to do stupid things with this company like!! we but a big wherehouse for them and had to scaffold both sides of all walls...

Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware at least, the official guidance says a handrail must be installed "wherever there is a risk of a fall/injury". Which is a nice unclear grey area so one person may approve it, then another will come and complain.

You must've done half that job lying on your back!

Try doing a 300 foot run, with kicker lift, fully boarded and single handrailed, 9 inches off the ground, to put the nxt lift in, now said to client, do 5' x 5 ' towers and beam it every 26 foot. miss most of the guts out of the job.:idea:

Hahahhaa what happened to the brickies kicker lift on bricks and sole boards till they built the first level

Only 8 inches! (thats what she said.)

Seriously though, it does seem a bit much, tbh.

working at height is classed as any work area above or below ground where there is a risk of injury via a slip, trip or fall, so im afraid to say gentlemen that depending on activity being carried out, you could class a 25mm step or edge as in need of protection.

What about all the pavements? Hand-rail them all.:idea:

go to the local charity shop & buy a load of 70's platform shoes,hand them out to the plasterers..Hopefully they will be laughing so much they wont notice they arent steelies....

Lawyers for you....Have you had an accident or been injured at work in the last three years

Underdog....... No job too big or too small no win no fee

“Sound familiar” ?????

Where there’s blame there’s a claim
As a result of the claims paid out in court by companies employers have changed their working policies to ensure that no accidents can occur.....max gap in a scaffold in the working at height regulations states 25mm unless there is a method statement that allows for a larger gap.....Now you can sue the company for a heafty sum in court should you have an accident or get hurt at work...8" gap between scaffold and wall to be plastered = 20mm...
see if you can figure it out as to what the site agent will ask for!! after all its him that gets procecuted if someone gets hurt not the bloke taling the risk...he gets a pay out

Top Bottom