HSE national purge

S

steve gregory

I have today received a call from from a good friend at the HSE telling me to co-inside with the launch of SG4-10 there is going to be a massive blitz over the next month nationwide on the use of collective fall prevention also asking all operative's on information and training by asking questions.
Just make sure you have covered your ar** on this matter. Hope this saves somebody a fine..

Have seen on another web site that the HSE will be carrying out Spot Checks on Scaffolding in the Manchester area on Thursday 25th....

Regards..

from my boss
"it has been brought to my attention that some standards of scaffolding have been beneath NASC guidelines of SG4 .................ignorance is not an excuse as with any other trade if you are unaware of current legislation you need to visit the NASC web site and bring yourself up to date with current legislation"

Steve whats yout good friends take on the ECITB card can he give the lads any direction?

Steve whats yout good friends take on the ECITB card can he give the lads any direction?

sorry his job is police the regulations not be the judge of it. He does agree with it in some sense and then not in others so , ill put that to bed before it starts , i tried ages ago with it. Case for the court of human rights im affraid.

I have today received a call from from a good friend at the HSE telling me to co-inside with the launch of SG4-10 there is going to be a massive blitz over the next month nationwide on the use of collective fall prevention also asking all operative's on information and training by asking questions.
Just make sure you have covered your ar** on this matter. Hope this saves somebody a fine..
Don't worry help is at hand, we have been contacted by a well known training company to see if we wanted to go on a course to discuss the new and long awaited sg4 10 guidelines,the course covers what sg4 10 is going to include but not actually a course on sg4 10, a course about a course if you will (usefull then). I expect when sg410 comes out they will ask us if we want to go on the actual course about sg410 and charge us a load more money. Seems that there are more people making more money out of not doing any scaffolding, than there are doing the actual scaffolding.

I wonder if you get a certificate to say you were on the course about the course ?

Don't worry help is at hand, we have been contacted by a well known training company to see if we wanted to go on a course to discuss the new and long awaited sg4 10 guidelines,the course covers what sg4 10 is going to include but not actually a course on sg4 10, a course about a course if you will (usefull then). I expect when sg410 comes out they will ask us if we want to go on the actual course about sg410 and charge us a load more money. Seems that there are more people making more money out of not doing any scaffolding, than there are doing the actual scaffolding.

I wonder if you get a certificate to say you were on the course about the course ?

You need a three day assesment to do the course. Then you need a potfolio with evidence that you are experianced to attend a course. Then you will require the help of two instructors to attend your cash machine to pay for the course to attend the course!!

:D:D

Ragscaff

HSE Hitting all the big sites as usual,what about hitting the one man band cowboys throwing ***** up ?We've all seen them on gable ends ,houses etc,no single handrails on none working lifts,toeboards missing,so called scaffs working with no PPE.It's easy to pick faults on big sites,scaffolders are prime targets for the HSE vultures.

Definition of an HSE 'Blitz' :-

1, Pick a dozen, massive, high profile jobs between the 3 major cities.

2, Get a few women who know absolutely nothing about scaffolding.

3, Make sure the Women are on the blob, have an attitude problem (or preferably, both together)

4, Kit them out in oversized, spotless hi-viz jackets and rigger boots.

5, Turn up on said jobs and tell the site manager that it "looked like one of the scaffolders was not clipped on" (who was working 500m away on the 19th lift)

6, Leave site before angry scaffold foreman comes charging into the site office after recieving a generic phonecall from site manager saying "THE HSE ARE HERE!! MAKE SURE ALL YOUR BLOKES ARE CLIPPED ON! WHO'S WORKING ON THE 19TH LIFT? I WANT HIM REMOVED FROM SITE!"

HSE called a safety briefing here yesterday to remind all construction contractors their responsibilities. I couldn't make it but was surprised with some of the information that came out of it, e.g. you can throw all your scaffold inspector tickets in the bin as he won't accept anyone but an advanced scaffolder doing weekly inspections on a designed job.

HSE called a safety briefing here yesterday to remind all construction contractors their responsibilities. I couldn't make it but was surprised with some of the information that came out of it, e.g. you can throw all your scaffold inspector tickets in the bin as he won't accept anyone but an advanced scaffolder doing weekly inspections on a designed job.
well its about time, bring it on for me.

About time, The lunatics wont be in charge of the asylum any more.

hse blitz

7 "the windbrace doesn't go to the top" that's because it only needs to go to the top lift ledger not the guardrail

May I remind you this is collective fall protection. Use of : advanced guard rail systems. Step up devices. Advanced handrailing.just to name a few. NO SCAFFOLDER SHOULD BE EXPOSED TO A OPEN EDGE ANYMORE. The use of harness is the last resort. All your tasks are down to risk assessment and method statements. Make sure you have them in order.

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

The purge starts today.

May I remind you this is collective fall protection. Use of : advanced guard rail systems. Step up devices. Advanced handrailing.just to name a few. NO SCAFFOLDER SHOULD BE EXPOSED TO A OPEN EDGE ANYMORE. The use of harness is the last resort. All your tasks are down to risk assessment and method statements. Make sure you have them in order.

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

The purge starts today.

Every time I speak to anyone from the HSE they're going to be 'having a purge' of some sort or another. It's just words.

Last year when I spoke to some fat bird from the HSE at Safety & Access in Nottingham she told me that the HSE were 'gonna have a massive crackdown on all the small, cowboy outfits, rathger than picking on the big boys'

I don't remember that ever happening!

Top Bottom