HSE Clamp down in Scotland

R

ragscaff

++HSE clampdown on unsafe construction sites in Scotland++
Starting on 24 February, Inspectors from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) will be making unannounced visits to refurbishment sites throughout Scotland. The focus of the HSE inspectors will be ensuring that sites are managing work at height safely and that they are in good order, as well as checking that the risk of exposure to asbestos is being properly managed.
For more detail: HSE clampdown on unsafe construction sites

Sound like the HSE have just got a copy of SG4:10 seen as they are always looking at working at hieght. Plenty other thing to see on site like risk assesments for brickies etc, we cant even move before they see our paper work.

good to see and hear lets hope they make this nationwide and take a more enthusiastic and proactive approach to nailing the rouges which ultimatley will save lives.

The HSE taken on inspectors at the start of every year around about now you can work part time for them in your field of work would be good if some scaff's took them up on it.
Have a look on there website

bang on andy,us scaffs are better placed to work with the regional hse bodies than anybody else......i think if some scaffs dont take this up then were going to have the clipboard type fools supplied by a saftey consortium or even a scaffold regulating body neither of which we want as they have too much power as it is.....good shout mate.

Given that they have already proven that scaffolders are the safets people on site, why the hell are we always the ones they seem to target, or am I just being paranoid.

As Ragscaff has highlighted Scotland has there date, the HSE started this campaign here (England) 14th Feb till some date in March.

However, as AOM states, "welcome them on board"..... Does not work for us. They are so far up there own arses, they will,have, and always be the enforcing body, that will tell you what you cant do, yet not make a decision on-site what you can do.

I realise. these inspectors have their jobs to do, and as a TUC man,i relish the fact. However, with the current Compensation culture, WTF is going wrong with my country...... answer ******* everything.:sad:

Top Bottom