how much ?

steve198622

Reaction score
how much would ya think is a suitable price for a scaffold of 13mtrs high x 82 mtrs long, just access platforms boarded for ladders n top lift fully boarded egde protection up gables and along the ridge, for solar panels to be fitted? the gear will be hired in, as it is along way from our yard so would have 5 of us lodgin aswell any info guys would be appreciated cheers.

and you tell me ya make nowt lol , how about this for price gear getting hired as it a bit away from the las yard row of bungalows 1 lift right round to do brickies lifts and roof, its 86 meter internal dimentions so again price of hire gear and digs

3K for the job plus digs and travel.

3K for the job plus digs and travel.

3k how you get that? at £26 a meter it comes to £2158 so you priced at around £35 a meter lado was on about charging £2,000 thats including digs and travel

He can fekin ave it then.

Jobs like that are better priced for me by expenses, wages mainly. Depends on the job, carry in and the like, brickies lift at 1m high and roofers lift at 3m high for around 86 linear meters is a fair chunk of gear marra. I have it in the yard but melado is hiring it in and wouldn't go cheap, hence my price.

He can fekin ave it then.

Jobs like that are better priced for me by expenses, wages mainly. Depends on the job, carry in and the like, brickies lift at 1m high and roofers lift at 3m high for around 86 linear meters is a fair chunk of gear marra. I have it in the yard but melado is hiring it in and wouldn't go cheap, hence my price.

no lol its 1 lift only the brickies lift to get to hight around 9ft hight the evs and then it will do for accsess for the roof so 1 lift right round at 84 meter with hire price does this seem closer to the £2k mark ?

Not really unless I was desperate or a really good customer. 2K wouldn't touch it especially if he is hiring. Other's will have their own thoughts and it would be interesting to hear what they think . Is it tube or system, is there a carry from the truck or laydown area, is there many obstacles in the gardens, power cables Ariel's or sattelite dishes, how long would it take you and a couple of mates to erect it and would you realistically need at least 1 day longer than you think and how much is the hire company want for material and delivery?

Plenty more to consider marra, are you sure that was his price?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Would you want the price off a couple of pints for leaving the boosom of your lass?

Not really unless I was desperate or a really good customer. 2K wouldn't touch it especially if he is hiring. Other's will have their own thoughts and it would be interesting to hear what they think . Is it tube or system, is there a carry from the truck or laydown area, is there many obstacles in the gardens, power cables Ariel's or sattelite dishes, how long would it take you and a couple of mates to erect it and would you realistically need at least 1 day longer than you think and how much is the hire company want for material and delivery?

Plenty more to consider marra, are you sure that was his price?

its not to far from george roberts its for a local builder and its a local frim doing the work but its about 180 miles away the builder got the job and wanting to take the company with him and he i asked how he priced and he dosent know really just thinking of a figure or he beats every 1 so ill tell him 3k told him to get his arse on here and find out a bit more about the game cause he just bourght the frim and didnt have a clue about scaffolding but since his had it its improved and see a few more jobs about and was on me part 2 with me :laugh:

FFS marra, I'm at home drinking tea and got a bit closer to a real price. Didn't want to sound like Mr big time America but in all honesty 3K was tight.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Hiring gear is a nightmare and he will be charged for any loss or damages, could be quite costly and 180 miles away FFS, what if they need an alteration.:eek:

FFS marra, I'm at home drinking tea and got a bit closer to a real price. Didn't want to sound like Mr big time America but in all honesty 3K was tight.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Hiring gear is a nightmare and he will be charged for any loss or damages, could be quite costly and 180 miles away FFS, what if they need an alteration.:eek:

he'll feking love your prices lol he crnt price with out a quote to beat lol

He will need to learn pretty fast. Sit him down and explain a few things, I don't think I would be the most expensive on the forum.

I did as well but when it came to the build we might have managed it in 6.:cool:

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Unless of course the spies were out where we would obviously have got a drawing, permit, steps and brick guards.:unsure:

3k would be ok on your doorstep ,not 160 miles away

Thats 2 good days work for 2 men , maybe even 3 , so 2 men 3 days digs

wages say £150 a day per man = £900-£1200
Digs say £30 a night = £180
hire depends how long its up say £300 plus delivery each way say £140

Total £1880

Profit £120 less tax , insurance and loss or damage to hired gear

I think Aoms 3K was cheap marra

Told You.:laugh::laugh:

I did price it as a local job Phil, 3K plus travel and digs. I was also aware of my growing reputation as the monarch of the glen and didn't want to come across as big time charlie, hence the modest 3K. His mates 2k was always going to be wide of the mark.

Top Bottom