How much

guymac

Reaction score
Been asked to build a cantilevered scaffold on the 14 th floor of a block of flats to free a broken lift . What sort of money is this worth .? Good customer

i would do it based on time x material , how long it will take you to erect and strike , how long it will take you to get the kit up there ,so maybe 2 lads day a day up and 2 lads a half a day down somewhere around £660 if its a good customer .

Whats the biggest tube you can get up the stairs

I take it you mean a truss out of sorts,from floor level on the 14th floor landing into the lift shaft itself?
If so,and you have no lift to get materials up and its a hump it up the staircase job,i'd say price it as taking a gang of 2 @ 2 days work and add your usual 60% or so on top.
Done one like this many years back on the 8th or 9th floor,erecting it was fairly easy but legs like fecin jelly fer a couple of days.
Really depends on how you can get your kit up to 14th floor.
Good luck.

Would want around £1000 for the job and thats before i thought about getting a design engineer in

i would do it based on time x material , how long it will take you to erect and strike , how long it will take you to get the kit up there ,so maybe 2 lads day a day up and 2 lads a half a day down somewhere around £660 if its a good customer .

£660.NUTS........:eek:.......

Why nuts Anto , Its a days work up and a half day down 3 days wages , them type of jobs
are always more to keep your customer on side , you aint looking to make a profit just cover your cost , knowing you aint letting someone else in there .

Been asked to build a cantilevered scaffold on the 14 th floor of a block of flats to free a broken lift . What sort of money is this worth .? Good customer

sub it out to rope access and take a cut let them have the hassel

Why nuts Anto , Its a days work up and a half day down 3 days wages , them type of jobs
are always more to keep your customer on side , you aint looking to make a profit just cover your cost , knowing you aint letting someone else in there .

Hi Phil, I hear what you are saying, but 660 in my opinion is a bit too cheap. Thats just my opinion. I'll never knock a man for doing a days work, you nor anyone else.
But would 660 cover everything, overheads, insurance, taxes etc etc. The customer would no doubt like to get the cheapest price.
I suppose from a scaffolding contractors point of view, price it to get it or price yourself out of it.:smile1:

I get what you mean Anto but we price jobs like that for good customers all the time. I have no desire to rip anyone off and just because they have little or no option does not mean we try and hammer them. Do them a favour now and again usually provides better results.

For this job, the price depends almost solely on how you get the gear up there and the design.

i totally agree aom, and no disrespect intended towards anyone in regards to pricing strategies. When I was in business myself, i found no loyality from the most reputable of clients, one minute your the flavour of the month, the next they want you to work for nothing practically... with the dangle of a juicy carrot in front of ye (big job) then they are not so fast in paying you. I would obviously cover my bottom line.
So, my thinking on the price regarding the lift shaft would be mainly based on getting the materials up there, thats why i questioned the 660. but I do see where ye are coming from.

can job be done in ali tube,whats the load bearing,as in heavy duty,or light duty.

I'm sure none taken. We have had the so called juicy carrot thing but largely ignore it and gauge a good customer by what they have done in the past, not what they say they are going to do in the future.

Top Bottom