How many transomes to a 13 ft board

Depends how high you are going.i have been known to use two plant pots before now

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

5?are you a fat fcuker

Tell me if i am wrong but it used to be distance of no more than 1.2m between transoms so in theory 4 Transoms is possible but i too do prefer 5

Tell me if i am wrong but it used to be distance of no more than 1.2m between transoms so in theory 4 Transoms is possible but i too do prefer 5

That is actually spot on distance wise 4 should be enough but a few firms I've been on insist it should be 5 I thought it must be law or something

We work on 5 trannies to a board as well mate, a bit hard cos they keep feeling your ******** and asking for 5 dollar...:nuts:
but yeah, all our scaffolds are set at 1.8mt bays and 5 transums to a board. classed as a heavy duty scaffold, for brickwork, blockwork and heavy masonary...

How you keeping bobby?? good weekend!

We work on 5 trannies to a board as well mate, a bit hard cos they keep feeling your ******** and asking for 5 dollar...:nuts:
but yeah, all our scaffolds are set at 1.8mt bays and 5 transums to a board. classed as a heavy duty scaffold, for brickwork, blockwork and heavy masonary...

How you keeping bobby?? good weekend!

That's correct den as the maximum distance for trannies on a class 4 scaffold is 900mm on a 13ft run with 5 trannies the trannie space is 800mm

Yeah quality den u

brickwork scaffolds are general purpose are they not
masonry is heavy duty,the general scaffold is class 2 heavy duty would nowadays be a drawing job.We are nopt allowed to think for ourselves anymore and as such beefing up needs a stamp of approval;)

brickwork scaffolds are general purpose are they not
masonry is heavy duty,the general scaffold is class 2 heavy duty would nowadays be a drawing job.We are nopt allowed to think for ourselves anymore and as such beefing up needs a stamp of approval;)

I thought clas 2 was light duty?

Class 1- very light duty (0.75 kn)
Class 2- light duty (1.50 kn)
Class 3- general purpose (2.00 kn)
Class 4-heavy duty (3.00 kn).

I think????? And yeah ur right regarding drawings luck would have it I'm brain dead already :laugh::laugh:

I think everyone is missing the point here chaps. Kindly correct me if i have taken rhetorical question the wrong way, but surely Mr Teeside was merely taking a jovial quip about the impoverished state of the Facade covering operatives working platfrom, and the subsequent lack of board bearing components in the said impressive circus performers stage.
I doubt the evolution of the thread into the current poll on the number of Transoms to a board was the anticipated outcome, but as the famous composer/physicist/philosopher Albert von beethoven once said " every cloud and all that init".

i reckon that's Pele doing the rendering in his Brazillian 1970 world cup t-shirt. Thats why you don't see him playing footy anymore, cause he's making a fortune charging his customers for a job on his foreigners, and then putting his favella mobile scaffold up. His partner is jan koller who only does the stretch jobs. oooosssshhhh you go Pele.

The way the threads gone was my fault, i never looked at the picture for some reason

I never saw the picture either, it didn't appear until after I submitted my comment... But I laughed to myself when I saw the contrast between the guy doin the plastering on the one stick, and the hop up next to him with about a half dozen or more transom under the wee plank. So the number of transforms to a board is..............?

Top Bottom