How bad is work right now

longun

Reaction score
How bad would you say job opportunities are right now. I keep hearing from people that there is **** all work here and there, then others saying there is plenty of work.

I am very tempted to leave my firm as the work is so boring, not well paid and all at night time. Should I stay where I am and suck it up till things pick up or whats good out there right now. I am in London btw.

Its bad... hopefully it'll get better after April, when the tax year starts again. ;)

all the good lads are in work round here

Its the opposite down here Al mate.
Im totally useless... ive been compared to the Scaffolding equivalent of Port Vale FC! and im never out of work! :wacko:

the firm im on (barking based)is ticking over, but the frims my bros are on r doing 7 days every week

seems ok for some firms but less fruitful for others

depends on what money your on - personnally i wouldn't jump ship for an xtra fiver or before you got another start thats as good as promised- i'm sure jason would agree about that as he was left high n dry

depends on what money your on - personnally i wouldn't jump ship for an xtra fiver or before you got another start thats as good as promised- i'm sure jason would agree about that as he was left high n dry

Yes mate, definitely.
Im a greedy git... a 'contractual' Scaffolder, which means i go where the money is, but atm i think that your better off staying put on a Firm, as a regular, but low income is better then none at all.

Another thing - jumping ship, after being promised the world has paid off, sometimes... but its also burned me badly a few times.
Swings and round-abouts.

Stop where you are until it gets a little better, the grass is not always greener on the other side

Top Bottom