hoodies!!!!

dico

Reaction score
just when you thought things couldn't get worse:nuts: I know bricklayers arnte the best scaffolders friend but safety bloke on our sight has banned hats and hoodies under hard hat apparently its law and anybody caught wearing hoodies or hats under hard hat will be thrown off sight. one word games getting worse

just when you thought things couldn't get worse:nuts: I know bricklayers arnte the best scaffolders friend but safety bloke on our sight has banned hats and hoodies under hard hat apparently its law and anybody caught wearing hoodies or hats under hard hat will be thrown off sight. one word games getting worse
What laws that then ? you can wear a turban on site if its your religion, so why not a hoodie or a base ball cap, what's the difference. Tell him you want to see it in writing.

Experienced this bull ***** a few years ago, they said the hard hat wont sit correctly. A helmet liner was ok. Glad I dont work on those sites anymore.

My firm banned them ages ago, they say hoodies hinder your overall vision and that hats don't sit properly and fail when anything lands on it as it will fall off your head easier. Them helmet liners are ok but they're no hoodie ha

You have to wear a helmet on a building site, but if there isn't a foreseeable risk of injury anywhere else you don't need one The Construction (Head Protection) Regulations 1989 requires that suitable head protection, normally safety helmets, should be provided and worn whenever there is a risk of injury. Unless there is no foreseeable risk of injury, employees must be provided with hard hats and the employer must decide when, where, and how they should be worn. Of course being a scaffolders you should always wear one anyway

We're now wearing the new wah reg 3point helmet,its really light & comfy & you can get a seperate helmet liner to fit in it. But only a few days ago a sso told me to take it off as he'd not seen one b4 &;until he'd read up on it we were to revert to the original peak hats....told him to F off , he hasnt been back but it'll b interesting to see wot he sez when he does come back

I need to buy some mew helmets SP whats these 3 point hats like , have you got a website link for them .

I got thrown off site for wearing my pants over the top of my trousers, safety guy said its illegal and I could get banged up!!

utta the office till monday phil- I'll pull the docs i think the cheepest i found were on an ebay shop but would need to access the office comp.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/200827716582?nav=SEARCH
There u go phil we got em in white & had the company name done on the front looks the DBs...but more importantly really light on ur head

Last edited:
on most industrial sites Hoodies are banned as they are not FLAMEPROOF,i can agree with that as WHY? have flameproof overalls and let your ears get burnt with shiit from a plater burning or grinding.
On a Building site COME ON TO FECK,if we all went round finding safety issues nothing would get built;)

I got thrown off site for wearing my pants over the top of my trousers, safety guy said its illegal and I could get banged up!!

Think that was more for your dirty stained pants mate, at least have clean ones on

Just tell em to fuk off or your going the press/social media and then take a pic of his face with your phone....tell him you will attach it along with his name to every part of your campaign of getting rid of parasitic middle class jobmakers like him , he will be the poster boy for pathetic cretins who leach the food for their kids off hard working honest men !

Top Bottom