Holiday pay

1969scaff

Reaction score
Mate of mine just left a firm, been with them 8 years.Been trying for three weeks to get his Xmas holiday pay had no joy.What can he do?I offered to smack the boss with a five foot but that wouldn't really help.Is there any other way of getting the money ?

Was he books in/PAYE? Tell him to phone ACAS. You'll get the no on google. They should be able to help.

They are certainly the best place to start, might still prove a long drawn out process though. What a shower that won't see a man right after 8 years service, unbelievable.

i think if you name and shame the firm before the legalities are over then the firm could use it as a breach of privacy\confidentiality...........if they see this post hold your wheest and do the legal route first goodluck union\acas the way to go.

Write to him electronically so you can generate a paper trail to him. Set out your case stating why he owes you and give him a reasonable time to respond.

You may well be looking at an unlawful deduction. He needs to move on this pretty quickly if he wants to go down the route of employment tribunal as you only have 3 months and 1 day to file a claim.

A simple email and letter sent recorded delivery with something similar to the below should get him sorted.

Dear Knobhead

I request ???? days holiday pay that I am entitled to in accordance with the Working Time Regulations 1998(amended).

You have 14 days in which to fulfil my request. If at the end of 14 days you have not responded to me positively then I will take further action which could include redress in the small claims court which will incur further costs upon yourself.

Kind Regards

Dusgruntled

Last edited:
Write to him electronically so you can generate a paper trail to him. Set out your case stating why he owes you and give him a reasonable time to respond.

You may well be looking at an unlawful deduction. He needs to move on this pretty quickly if he wants to go down the route of employment tribunal as you only have 3 months and 1 day to file a claim.

A simple email and letter sent recorded delivery with something similar to the below should get him sorted.

Dear Knobhead

I request ???? days holiday pay that I am entitled to in accordance with the Working Time Regulations 1998(amended).

You have 14 days in which to fulfil my request. If at the end of 14 days you have not responded to me positively then I will take further action which could include redress in the small claims court which will incur further costs upon yourself.

Kind Regards

Dusgruntled

Starting a letter to a former employer with Dear Knobhead is offensive and impolite DS. It should be Dear Mr Knobhead.

Fancy going thru life with a name like knobhead, I'da changed that years ago by deedpoll.:smile1:

Thanks lads,don't have to name them it's a Liverpool firm I have mentioned a few times on forum.Member of NASC but use cash in hand labour,won't supply PPE, Little or no training given to the lads,use uncarded men to put up jobs.Job fell down in Wavertree Road last month.Shower of tossers.

Hi 69 first port of call do not contact the company in question 2nd port of call do not threaten them with violence and I will tell you for why,if the person threatened by violence takes a month out of work he can counter claim this for any monies owed by saying I feared for my life so I took time from my normal daily duties because I feared for my life and wish to counter claim for my losses which in his case his loss of expenses could for supersede any holiday pay owned in this case don't fight the fight with fists fight this one with your head tell you friend he as to go through C.A.B they will then refer this case to an employment negotiator to resolve this matter if this matter cannot be resolved then it will go to a face to face meeting for the company to explain their actions and why they have not adhered to employment law and if this is not resolved then you will go to a stage 3 of a tribunal bare this in mind tell your friend to keep track of all his bank details for lets say direct debits that have been returned this time of year a ruined Christmas due to lack of money that should have been paid tell him if he needs info to pm me and I will help him scc

sounds like the kind of firm that are not working to sg4 and tg20 so a quick phone call to the HSE for every job they have put up. I am pretty sure they will all fall far short of the basic minimum standards.
a letter like this should raise their eyebrows

dear x

I am still outstanding x amount of monies owed as holiday pay. If you fail to respond to myself with in 14 days I will have no choice to instruct my legal rep to begin legal proceedings to recover monies out. Any legal fees will be passed on to you.

Regards

Thanks lads,will let him know.Personally I don't know why he stayed with them so long ,he's a very good scaff.Glad he saw sense and got away from them.Not getting his holiday pay came as no surprise.Would put his name but that might go against him as I am sure bosses look at this forum.

Top Bottom