Holiday entitlement

S

steveo south east

Time to sort the bosses out from the workers

I have heard a rumour that all self employed workers working for the same company as an employee (DOING YOUR JOB ON DAY RATE) are entitled to a full amount of holiday pay unless you work through an umbrella company, i wonder whether they will be aloud to back date it like the the banks have been screwed.

you may well be right there.i do know they were trying to state that if you only worked for the 1 company then you were entitlede to the benefits of being employed.if memory serves me correct it was to try and force companies to take on employees and so reduce the dodges and loopholes regarding tax and NI

Yes you're entitled to holiday if you work for one company for a period of time, even if you're self employed. I found though when challenged you'll get told you're not getting it and if you don't like it feck off.

I am sure there was a European law came out in Oct98 where they had to pay you holiday pay even if you were self employed.

Good post/info Hatter, oldscaff,im sure youre right, self employed paid thru company are entitled to the benefits. Someone on here has threatened industrial action for not recieving holiday pay and got paid out,coming from a euro directive as stated.

Good post/info Hatter, oldscaff,im sure youre right, self employed paid thru company are entitled to the benefits. Someone on here has threatened industrial action for not recieving holiday pay and got paid out,coming from a euro directive as stated.

I took a firm to a tribunal,2days before i was due to go they paid up,£1000.

No doubt about it lads.Working for the same company self employed(cis),entitles you to holiday pay.Ihave personally never had any problems and i have been self employed on and of but mostly on for the last 17years.

Old Scaff,

Its Scaffs like you that give us PAYE Scaffs problems, remember you are self employed and should be responsible for ALL your out goings as our companies have to pay more for you.

All that blue book stuff ect is crap, none of that in smoke "pricework" though you lot wouldnt know what that is.
Hours, Tea breaks and dinner breaks and afternnon tea breaks......

Bouffont,

Nice to hear from you.......

You can have your smoke breaks when your in the Goat at 12, once youve put up your 20sq, Old Scaff would have had 2 coffee breaks and a barney about holiday pay and put up 1 sq by 12.

Bouffont you are old school ( very old school) and blue book and all that other crap would make you jack, then WHO would scaffold London?

Bouffont,

Nice to hear from you.......

You can have your smoke breaks when your in the Goat at 12, once youve put up your 20sq, Old Scaff would have had 2 coffee breaks and a barney about holiday pay and put up 1 sq by 12.

Bouffont you are old school ( very old school) and blue book and all that other crap would make you jack, then WHO would scaffold London?

Cant waste drinking time smoking Blueberry. Your right all that crap is killing this game. Seriously thinking of calling it time.

Old Scaff,

Its Scaffs like you that give us PAYE Scaffs problems, remember you are self employed and should be responsible for ALL your out goings as our companies have to pay more for you.

All that blue book stuff ect is crap, none of that in smoke "pricework" though you lot wouldnt know what that is.
Hours, Tea breaks and dinner breaks and afternnon tea breaks......

As for pricework,been there and done that,blue book every time.

Top Bottom