Hire charges

fryza

Reaction score
Hi all, started my own firm last year, going ok, I’m all above board, lorry/yard/insurance/tickets/, my pricing I think ok, just not sure about hire, I’ve only ever priced for erect/dismantle based on 6 weeks hire , just some honest advice on a general hire per week price , had a few jobs run well over time allocated also.just feel like I’m not charging correctly :unsure:

Depends on the client if he’s a regular I’ve learnt to take the ruff with the smooth as long as he’s not taking the biscuit (bad weather,lads letting him down)
If it runs way over I’ve managed to squeeze between 8-10 % of the cost of the job per week and backdate it from allocated time

Depends on the client if he’s a regular I’ve learnt to take the ruff with the smooth as long as he’s not taking the biscuit (bad weather,lads letting him down)
If it runs way over I’ve managed to squeeze between 8-10 % of the cost of the job per week and backdate it from allocated time
Thought generally 5% per week of contract value was the number. But like your numbers better...:p

Last edited:
Generally 5% here and similar to Garswood - a bit more lenient on the regulars.

Top Bottom