Hiab

HatterScaff

Reaction score
Just heard of a driver that got to site to unload, showed his lorry loader card and the agent told him " that's great, now where is your slinger's card, where's the crane supervisor and where's the appointed person?" wouldn't let him unload!
4 fuckin blokes to unload a lorry, now that's taking the pis :mad:

Not quite as bad, but we were working on a job where we had to pass the gear down from a first floor balcony. The driver was on the back of the wagon taking gear off the lads when the site manager gave him a yellow card for not having handrails around the sides of the wagon.
The lads had to stop and erect the handrail around the back of the wagon.

The exact same thing happened up here Hatterscaff, with a poor guy who had travelled all night to be on site first thing. The bit that really got me was the delight the agent took in stopping the fella.

Yeah Dass had that as well, now fixed 5fts into the post holders and run ratchet straps down the length of the lorry!

Aom
agents/safety (cops) that seem to get off on this, are truly prixs:sad:

How do you attach the step to the truck?:embarrest:

we were working on a station job on nights and the safety man pulled us for the same thing, i said the wagons almost the same height as a railway station platform, how many million people stand on these on a daily basis and don't fall off,
i asked him how are we going to get the get from A to B along the platform
he fukced off in a huff,

How do you attach the step to the truck?:embarrest:

Don't laugh, we've even had to put up fuckin ladders:(

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Has anyone had an appointed person do them any RAMS that I could have a look at;)

I don't but I know the very man who may help if you are really struggling.

Thanks AOM, we haven't been caught yet:nuts:
but you know its just a matter of time before the jobsworths want another smirk:toung:

I agree that's why I'm interested myself. I have already phoned a man and await his response but if anyone else has anything in the mean time don't be afraid to share.:idea:

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Scaffy must have summit?

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Or Eurofighter as he will now be known.:D

twice on carrilion sites we have been stopped in the past few weeks from unloading the wagon , once because we never had certs for the straps and the other time cos when the wagon driver was on the top putting the straps on ,the handraill on the wagon was too low even though he was wearing a harness . it was the same horrible little cant called brin both times . if he was on one site permanently that job would never ever get finished

Top Bottom