Hi

Danks

Reaction score
Iv only just signed up to the forum and only been scaffolding 10 months I have my part one ticket and in the process of doing my HGV class 2 will this give me a better opportunity with other firms ? even tho I'm only 19 some firms seem put off by my age and inexperience.

Let your work do the talking,if offered price take it don't let them think you need day work to survive,always be early and prompt show enthusiasm
Good luck

Good luck fella, sounds like a great attitude to start in this trade! : )

Iv only just signed up to the forum and only been scaffolding 10 months I have my part one ticket and in the process of doing my HGV class 2 will this give me a better opportunity with other firms ? even tho I'm only 19 some firms seem put off by my age and inexperience.

Welcome to the forum.

Well done get your part one, that's an important step as on a lot of sites that the minimum you'll need to get on. The HGV will help if you call up the larger firms which rely on large lorries ferrying gear around to keep people busy. You may find yourself more as a driver than a scaff though in some cases but work is work! Besides, scaffs love the lorry drivers as they have all the gossip.....

Just keep at it mate, it's a hard time of the year to get a job though as a fair few lads will be finding themselves with work cut back or even loosing their jobs :sad2:

It's a boost to be reassured by people who have been in similar situations or the same situation thanks.

Hello And Welcome Danks, Sounds Like You Have The Correct Attitude For This Industry.

Welcome Danks good to see a young man with his head screwed on the right way,
a HGV will be a great thing to have if you go to work on street firms , as the lads go out in the lorrys every day , it will also make you more employable to a company

Top Bottom