hi lads

steve rotherham

Reaction score
hi lads just after sum advise i have gone for a job in the north west as a trainee scaff just wanting to know what to expect and more importantly what is expected of me i have site experiance my only experiance with scaffolding is painting sum tubes and moving them so i can paint them thanks lads

1st 20 years will be the hardest.. My advice is to listen, watch, learn. Eat well to keep your strength up... Learn how to tie knots,stack materials, how to handle them and especially how to use skirting ladders... If you have a good attitude,, have the piss taken out of ye from time to time... You'll be alright,!

The fact you have painted and shifted gear puts you head and shoulders above the one's we usually end up with. Work hard do what your told when your told and before you know where you are you will be roaring like a bull at some wee half wit who is wondering where it all went wrong for him.:bigsmile:

Take in all that's said by the old hands,hopefuly you'll be put with a decent squad. Wishing you well in your new career Steve.

Grow an extra layer of skin on your "humping shoulder". Watch and ask. Making mistakes is the best way to learn. Being told something wont work is a lot different to finding out it wont work. As long as its not a major mistake though! Be prepared to suffer from a bad back for the rest of your days.

cheers for the input lads its not set in stone yet just wating to see if i have the job first just wanted to get the heds up first

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forums and good luck! :)

Top Bottom