Hempstead off the Scaff step

What are people generally hemping with off the Scaff step if the scarf didn't make the handrail

You shouldn't need to if you've staggered your standards correctly, as you can just fix your advanced guardrail to every other standard and then whack your hemps on over the guardrail once on the lift.

i still put 21 s on because its a **** topping off over a handraill when you hve went every other standard . i know its wrong and a lot of lads wont top off with 21 s at all but its the way i was shown as a trainee and its stuck with me so i use them regardless of the height . if you put shorter toppers on you just need to get more gear up later on

depending of lift heights and ground its not easy to stagger the hemps in a perfect way

for myself ( i dont like hemping long anyhow ) i cant see myself hemping long off the scaff step.

by the way im not working at the mo so havent actually used the steps just going through the process

depending of lift heights and ground its not easy to stagger the hemps in a perfect way

for myself ( i dont like hemping long anyhow ) i cant see myself hemping long off the scaff step.

by the way im not working at the mo so havent actually used the steps just going through the process

Yeah I appreciate that mate. I wasn't having a pop.

? thats ok phil i didnt think you were..... just writing doesnt put it across how i would say it :]

Last edited:
Since using the scaff step i've hemped at say neck height consistently but that's only with 16's. Bit wobbly with Long un's, the knees go a bit :D

Wow what? It's not exactly bragging rights is it?

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Dunno how my previous post came across but it should have read, knees go like fu.ck so i won't put 21's in lol

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom