Help to migrate to Perth

leedslad

Reaction score
Hi,

am new to this and am writing on behalf of my BF.
Just back from Perth and we would like to move out. he however is 31 so can't get a WHV for him. Is there any other way round it like a sponsorship as scaffolding is not on the skills list for OZ.
Also anyone know if NZ take scaffoders as a skilled trade. (He is not advanced)

thanks in advance for any help!

Hi,

Just back from Perth and we would like to move out. he however is 31 so can't get a WHV for him. Is there any other way round it like a sponsorship as scaffolding is not on the skills list for OZ.

NZ are looking for scaffolders, am not sure on age limits though. There are lots of threads on working in Oz or NZ on this forum just try the search option or the International page

Hi,

Just a shot in the dark, did he go out with the boys from halton/crossgates/ seacroft to Perth? I know a few of the lads that are still there if he did.

No just on went on holiday. For nz is it not just advanced scaffs?

Scaffolding in Oz and NZ isnt a tade because they only use layher and quickform, to get the advanced card takes only two days becasue its a system scaffold course not a proper tube n fiittng course which we have that takes 5 years to get advanced so in comparison scaffolding in OZ is just like labouring at hights.
However on rigs and power stations they will need proper scaffs so if you could get out there with an international firm i.e. on the rigs they could proberbly sponser him.
I worked in oz about 5 years ago and then 30 was the age limit and for just 1 year, they`ve extended it to 2 years now but not sure about the age limit.

Top Bottom