Help please need advise

jjwahey

Reaction score
I am a scaffolder on the books at a firm, the firm also employes self employed scaffolders and when there is no work on, or at weekends they are standing the paye (on the books) scaffolders down (temporary lay off or asking them to use holidays) in favour of the self employed maybe because its cheaper?? , is this right, is this legal because I don't think it's right.......:eek::mad:

i dont know, its not like the cis do more work, it must be because of money any ideas??

You can't lose money on price work gangs, they get what they earn. PAYE gangs will expect a flier at weekends or time and a half etc. If the client isn't paying premium time then the self employed are the best option.

Join the Union mate

You could always join UNITE, if you can't find their offices just go to the next Right Wing march near you.
They will be the ones spending your money promoting dross like the anti nazi league or making sure everyone has the correct ratio of one legged lesbian ethnics working for them.

They quite happily shafted the ECITB lads too.

If their self employed they must be on a price mate.

The cis are working directly for the firm self employed on a hourly rate just like the books lads, not price it's not that kind of work where you could have prices for most of the time, don't get me wrong i have no problem with these lads but when they're working in my place when I should be working its not right

The cis are working directly for the firm self employed on a hourly rate just like the books lads, not price it's not that kind of work where you could have prices for most of the time, don't get me wrong i have no problem with these lads but when they're working in my place when I should be working its not right

Just go self employed then and stop whining about it.

No mate

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

No mate

Unfortunately, the self employed are a cheaper option and they can put books in guys off but there is also a limit to how many times they can do that without actually paying you off. Check out the government web sites for up to date information, I was clued up a couple of years ago during the bad winter when we were all snowed in but as usual I retain only what I need. If they are struggling for work, they may be hoping you get fed up and jump ship, which may be legal but in my humble opinion, low.

Unfortunately, the self employed are a cheaper option and they can put books in guys off but there is also a limit to how many times they can do that without actually paying you off. Check out the government web sites for up to date information, I was clued up a couple of years ago during the bad winter when we were all snowed in but as usual I retain only what I need. If they are struggling for work, they may be hoping you get fed up and jump ship, which may be legal but in my humble opinion, low.

That's exactly what I was thinking mate but they gonna have to pay me off before I go anywhere lol

Top Bottom