Help needed to become a scaffolder after 10 years in the ARMY

bbbry

Reaction score
hello lads am bry and new to the forum. could any body plz give me some advice on how to get in to scaffolding. i have just done ten years in the army and want to get in to scaffolding asap.i have my hgv licence and cscs card so hope that helps

Hello Bry,respect on your ten years service mate,seeing as you have your hgv,which is a good start,take yourself around your local firms and tout yourself as a labourer driver,your hgv should get your foot in the door,then you can start to learn the game,but be prepared to pay for your courses yourself as many on here seem to have,but if you show willing a good gaffer should help,and good luck;)

hello lads am bry and new to the forum. could any body plz give me some advice on how to get in to scaffolding. i have just done ten years in the army and want to get in to scaffolding asap.i have my hgv licence and cscs card so hope that helps

If you was anywhere near me I'd help you out but sunderlands a bit far from me

bbbr

Welcome to the site Soldier---all good advice on here Man---however, talk to your re-settlement Officer perhaps he can find the funding for the Certs...

Good Luck...

Welcome

TRY HARSCO

OVER THE YEARS THEY TEND TO TAKE ON EX SERVICES ON

THEY HAD SOME KIND OF AGREEMENT WITH THEM

THEY ARE A **** FRIM NOW

BUT THEY WOULD PUT YER THROUGH YOUR TRAINING TAKE 3 YEARS APPROX

THEN YOU COULD MOVE ON AFTER

http://www.harsco.com/

I done a few years in the army, and after leaving I said I would never again do a job where I have carry anything heavy, get up at silly o clock, work at night time and be away from loved ones....

As for Harsco...****? Depends which depot you work out of (if there will be any left soon!!), but not what they used to be when it was the mighty SGB. One good thing that beats all other firms is they will get your tickets and far more importantly they will keep you employed until they are REALLY desperate.

Last edited:
I am Looking for an Hgv class 2 who wants to learn scaffolding
Give me a call on 07788923752

Top Bottom