Help for my CV please

John Greig

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if somebody would help me out as I am writing my CV. All I want to know is...I have been in charge of jobs on site and i was going to say i have experience as charge hand scaffolder. But somebody at work today said there are courses to be classed as a charge hand. is this true? if so what would i say my position on site was? Many thanks, John

You should write what youre experienced in as long as you can prove it. With or without tickets. And welcome to the forum J.Greig.

hello and welcome. not sure of a ticket ofr a charghand but there is 1 for a supervisor

No probs. Expect youll get a few more replies. Looks like the regulars here are all out on the lash.

Theres Not A Course For A Chargehand, Although I Wouldnt Be Surprised,Theres A Card For Everything Else, There Is A Card For Supervisor, And A Seperate Card For Inspection.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Sorry John Welcome To The Forum Buddy, With A Name Like That You Can Do No Wrong With Me,

Ask the client/ project-site manager if they will give u a reference if u can still get hold of them.

Your partly right in as much as there are courses to adavance through such as advanced, inspection, supervisors,sstms these would take you on the road to a supervisory or officed based role...in my opinion i've always classed a chsrgehand as the most experianced member on the company b4 they start on that route and who looks after a crew on site liasing between site mangement and the office...if you do all the previous happy days -if not you Could always term youself as the lead spanner

your partly right in as much as there are courses to adavance through such as advanced, inspection, supervisors,sstms these would take you on the road to a supervisory or officed based role...in my opinion i've always classed a chsrgehand as the most experianced member on the company b4 they start on that route and who looks after a crew on site liasing between site mangement and the office...if you do all the previous happy days -if not you could always term youself as the lead spanner

i would be more incline to say thats a supervisor rather than a charge hand marra but hey if the cap fits john wear it

i would be more incline to say thats a supervisor rather than a charge hand marra but hey if the cap fits john wear it

In our company a chargehand is spanner on and a supervisor is an experianced and qualified person not on the spanner

i had this rant with the so called CISRS about 10 years ago when i appiled for my card had all the certificates from part 1 part 2 and guess what a charge hand one all done in the seventies and eighties at bircham newton and they said all you can have is a basic scaffolders card when i said why they said we do not recognise the chargehand one no more so i said why can i not have a advance card then they said you can if you do the course i said that don,t sound fair can you reburst me for the cost of that chargehand course then and they said no its worthless . Just another con by the CISRS again

I am also a newbe here. First of all, I would like to say Hello to everyone.
The best thing of course to receive a reference. Anyway, better not to risque and turn to professional CV help service. They would certainly make you a CV just fit to your position and personality. BTW, you can get a free consultation.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Feel free to contact them Professional CV Help Experts at Your Service!

I am also a newbe here. First of all, I would like to say Hello to everyone.
The best thing of course to receive a reference. Anyway, better not to risque and turn to professional CV help service. They would certainly make you a CV just fit to your position and personality. BTW, you can get a free consultation.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Feel free to contact them Professional CV Help Experts at Your Service!

Welcome Annette, of course a CV is usually just an introduction. The proof of the pudding comes with an interview. I have only ever been offered one top job on just my CV alone.When that happens beware.

Top Bottom