health and safety gone mad

dave hobbs

Reaction score
whats with triple handrail , now there makin me do quadroble handrail, whats next

Bring it on more tube more work more work more the money.cant complain as long as everyone are doing the same mate

Having to put 15 transoms in a Loading bay lift:- Single then Triple then Triple,another single one in the centre, then Triple and triple and finaly another single one at the end, looks a pile of sh1te also.:(

We where asked to tender for a load of Wimpy work 2 years ago and man am i glad we didnt ,all i hear are lads getting done on the prices because of the safety implications that where not mentioned at the tender stage

Plus they want more scaffolders that are needed & do not want to pay for it!!!!:cry:

We had a very similar problem with Laings about 7 years ago , expect you to supply new gear and it still to be in a new condition 6 months later when the trades have smashed it to pieces , also wanted more men on site " in case the brickies or roofers need something" but we wont pay a penny for it, i avoid them company's like the plague , end up loosing a fortune.

scaff steps

there bringing the scaff step onto every site just shortly, price out the fecking window if your on the street i just hope they inhance the rate the companys are paying its not too hot up here at the mo:sick:

there bringing the scaff step onto every site just shortly, price out the fecking window if your on the street i just hope they inhance the rate the companys are paying its not too hot up here at the mo:sick:

Who you workin for Pikey? The mob I'm with just now have been 'using' it for ages and if anything the rates from companies has dropped due to the economy making it a bigger struggle. Prices are already shocking and the step makes it much worse. You'd need an extra 50p sq/m just to get by.

:eek: What's with the wee kiss at the end Ken? A bit Dale Winton that...

hear is a new one for you dave if its on a flat roof you have to have triple hand rail if it slopes by 33 degrees the gaps has to be reduced so that may go to 4 handrails if it slopes more than 45 degrees the gap reduses more so you may need a fifth rail got told that last year and it was going to become legislation soon

Top Bottom