Have scaffolders changed?

Are todays scaffolders softer, more gullible and easier to wind up than those before?

• Yes

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
dont know fella last time worked with some young than me brit scaffs 12 years ago.
guys got now with us can get hot under collar during hot days then we have to give heat stress toolbox talk asap.

My answer may wind some up.
Seems to be more pressure on people nowdays,so tensions high across the board.

Yes they have changed and for the better ,I think there are nicer lads in scaffolding now ,softer ,more gullible yes ,but so what.
When I started scaffs were mostly a rum crowd ,teeth missing ,cheap tattoos,ex jail birds and that was just their women.

They are different, but better/worser? harder/softer? hard to say.

Scaffolding is different nowadays - more rules, more pressure, more restrictions, less fun, less money, less characters.

I remember old-school Scaffs, they taught me how to Scaffold, but they also had alot more flexibility in their jobs then we did.

Its a tough one.
Id say: No.

Wots all this bollicks the young learn from the old dont matter how many gold cards u got ffs

When your a street basher like me you have to kerb it women and children dont need to hear us lot 1st thing in the morning.
So yes street bashers have but i think site workers are the same as the old day's find a corner and sleep.
Still have our moments but with builders,roofers ECT they just dont know when to stop taking the ****

Definatley a generation glitch

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Still not long left fellas

I think we are all the same just different expectation levels being thrust upon us. I may at one time have said yes, they have changed over the years but the truth is it is still hard men in the making who are coming in, they just require a bit more moulding.

You are not wrong there Fred.:noworry:

IVE CHANGED
PISSED MYSEL WATCHING THE SEPTIC :eek:SO NOW GOT MY JOGGYS ON NOW
BUT THE YOUNG GUNS (IM ONLY IN MY 40S)COMING THROUGH ARE JUST AS DAFT AND UNSTABLE AS WHEN I WAS STARTING BUT THERE IS MORE RESTRICTIONS ON THE FUN SIDE OF SCAFFOLDING WITH SO CALLED HEALTH AND SAFETY.
YOU HAVE TO BE RUGGED TO WANT TO DO OUR GRAFT AND HAVE ADDICTION PROBLEMS ALSO STILL SEEMS TO HELP.
I WOULD SAY THAT THERE SEEMS TO BE A VULNERABILITY NOWADAYS AS REGARDS TO BULLSHIIT JOB POSTS AND THE AVALANCHE OF REPLYS,IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT ISNT TRUE;)

Agreed Happy, so is it the tmes that have changed,and not the men. Woops scepttic 2 down.

I'm devastated.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Top Bottom