has this happened to you

allan666

Reaction score
theres not a lot on at the minute but rather than pay some of us off we are being made to only work alternative days .this wouldnt be too bad if we were getting paid some thing for the days off but we,re getting nothing . so i was off monday , worked today im off again tomorow working thursday and iv just found out im probably not in friday . normally i would tell them to go f*ck themselves but its a decent job on day rate and im going to have to graft my b*llocks off on price to earn the same wage elsewhere .

could be worse at Salamis Aberdeen they used to put you on short term lay off where you signed the dole and after 3 month Salamis paid you £100, when they paid you that it came off your dole.

I think that is still around so 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

It seems bad everywhere right now.. I could not believe what I heard a few days a go.. Firm I work for landed a £1m+ job in london for the MOD... It was only a matter of time before I heard the usual **** of "There is no money on the job"... but it has not even started to go up yet...
What amazed me more, was an offer to the scaffs to drop their tools and become cleaners for a few months.. clearing out the old rooms in the tower on minimum earnings as "their is no work"..... get .. F*CKED! Even better.. all the supervisors are busy choosing what new car they want to drive around in... paid for by the firm of course.

Top Bottom