Hardcore safety

SevenSixteen

Reaction score
A trip to Blackfrairs today left me tearing out my hair as safety has gone to an extreme. A permit to use a ******* ladder, what is that all about? Having to use ally towers to reach just above my head. **** working on Network Rail jobs, it is nearly impossible to do a job there.

ave heard similar stories about there mate,a permit to use a ladder??balfour beatty are also starting this i hear before you get your permit the safety personnel go inspect the job and see if there is an alternative way to do the job if not they issue you with a 24hour ladder permit,seems this ridculouse trend is catching on mate.

Happening all over the place now. A ladder is seen as a last resort. Have to use an ally tower or podium to reach things now. Even ally towers are being banned in some places because of a number of accidents. Scissor lifts/pop ups being used where possible :wacko:

Were not doomed mate. They are starting to insist on scaffolds in alot of areas now to do away with ladder work!

Heard of one firm that banned all trades using step ladders and standing on crates etc and insisted on podiums... They then decided to lift the ban after they got so many injury claims and sick days from blokes having to carry the pigging things up and down stair-wells.

Day two, my fave one yet! When picking up boards or tubes a person must be present to make sure that no ones gets hit when loading your shoulder up! What is day three going to offer me?

Top Bottom