Handy tickets?

kennyb

Reaction score
Getting on a station or any other decent job and staying there can be quite hard unless your an arse kisser. Other than been a decent scaff and good worker what tickets do you think are handy to have to keep be a bit of an asset to the job? Confined space, IPAF?

You have to get an arse kissing ticket nowadays just to prove your competent at that, although where the knowledge and training comes in is any bodies guess!

The only tickets that gonna get you money for a long time is a fekin winning lottery ticket. A ticket might get you the job but it wont keep you in it when the work dries up

Allways handy to have your sugar ticket , just in case it rains you can prove ur able to work in it without melting always an asset

The above mentioned also PTS and the besc card think its national grid and lucas underground card if in london with these you should stay employed and prob on a decent job

Hey bobby. do you need to be in a job to get your pts or can you walk off the street and do it.

Nope den its common ppl think that u have to be sponsored by a company to do the PTS but there are some places that sponsor u so u can walk in off the street there's a place called NTS in romford thst sponsor u good training too apparently, they sort out medical and dna test and training for £330 or so

Thanks for info bobby. Will look into that next year, i think once hs2 starts up our way it might be worth doing.

Oh yes mate they are one of the main ones for rail and underground work as for the dough could not tell ya as I haven't been on any of them yet as I don't have PTS or lucas card yet sure it woulnt be too bad mate

Its most certainly is mate and don't worry most scaffs outside of london don't know what it is so def won't hold it against ya pal :) it only cost £80 or so and lasts a few years so well worth doing wouldn't be surprised if at euston you will need it as euston underground is in the rail station if you know what I mean mate

National Grid Person training and test takes about 1.5 hours (you're allowed half a day), not sure about BESC, but I think it's about the same. Competent Person takes up to 2 days for the full whack (called CPD). Person is really easy, but CP is not. You can do the computer-based training and test at several locations. I'll post them in another thread

National Grid Person training and test takes about 1.5 hours (you're allowed half a day), not sure about BESC, but I think it's about the same. Competent Person takes up to 2 days for the full whack (called CPD). Person is really easy, but CP is not. You can do the computer-based training and test at several locations. I'll post them in another thread

never even heard of that one mate welcome to the forum fella

Cheers. For scaffolders, it's the OHL (overhead lines) training and tests that you do. Person and BESC last for 3 years and CP for 1 year.

Top Bottom